Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
Yeah that is kind of crazy. I miss it. Every day it's above 45 degrees I miss it. Hopefully some day in the reasonable future I'll be back on two. [IMG]file:///C:\Users\NATHAN~1.MON\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlcl ip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

No to the WRX. The one I had turned out to be CRAZY buggy because of the crap the previous owner had done to it - it basically slowly ate itself from the inside. So I had one of the WRX shops help me fake it's reliability long enough to go trade it in to a dealer and got a Mazda 6 for a few years until I got the new rig. I was considering going back to a WRX - but the spousal unit hated how low the WRX sat - and given this is intended to be our daily commuter so we don't burn up the miles on her lease as much as we were - I had to look at vehicles she was comfortable driving too.

Fortunately - she loves this one too, not as much as I do I think, but she digs it.
Yeah some days I really miss it; especially when I see a bunch of bikes go by and brings back memories. After so many years and seeing some horrible crashes, I am sure you know what I mean since you have been in this club as long as I am, I felt it was time to take a break….guess it is party of getting old and wiser I plan to get back on one day, but am probably done with the superbikes and get me something more comfy like a VFR.

That is one reason I have left my WRX stock (engine wise). I modded all my cars previously and it became a pain with emissions and proper tuning. I’ve been very happy with the WRX though and it has enough power to let me have fun, but not too much where I get in trouble. Funny as I am in opposite situation as my WRX is a manual transmission and my wife doesn’t know how to drive one. At times it is nice she never drives my car, but then other times in can be a pain because if we take my car I am stuck driving no matter what. She has a small SUV Rouge, so it kind of works out, but her vehicle is not fun to drive at all.

You can do a “Hoopty” (Dave) and buy an old cheap Subaru and wrench on it as a side project; his WRX and STI are gone after the wifey and baby came . He has some Legacy GT done up pretty well and he bought it for next to nothing.

P.S. Don’t listen to Aaron…he needs these fancy “assistance” device vehicles to drive like a boss! Not like us old guys that grew up on relying on pure skill! Just kidding Aaron, but it is cool your generation has things I never had; dual transmission, launch assistance, paddle shifters, traction control, etc. I have a young buddy who we argue about this all the time for fun because he has a fancy BMW with all these goodies, but can’t even drive a stick.