I have to give it up to Officer Parks from the Colorado Highway Patrol. I'm not usually a fan of law enforcement, mainly due to their often heavy handed methods of dealing with the public. However, I was coming back from Boulder today on my ZX14 and was stuck behind two cars going 30 miles an hour for several miles. I finally got the chance to pass them and I hit it, only to find out we had just entered a construction zone and there was a Dodge Charger HiPo sitting on the side of the road gunning traffic. He got me RIGHT as I went to pass the 2 love birds and I was clocked at 75+. He lit up his wigwags and I pulled right over. When he approached my bike he asked if I knew the speed limit in this area (it was 40, down from 65). I told him I don’t often take this route and didn’t realize they were just setting up construction. I told him had been stuck behind those 2 guys since Boulder and took the first chance I had open to pass them.
To my shock he looks at me and smiles and says, “Sit tight, I am giving you a warning. It is too early in the season to have 6 points against you already.” Jaw meet floor. Anyway…. Respect Officer Parks!!

Ride safe y'all.