Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
Free air is so much easier to deal with, especially in large spaces. I miss the days where cars had trunks. All those 6x9s, and alike, are infinite baffle.

That's some sweet shit! Especially if you bought it because you know what it is. That means you might have a little audiophile in ya. A soon as we get done arguing on this dead ass site, we should get a beer. I mean, bikes, guns, sound, holy shit! If I weren't married............. Oh shit! Wait a minute. Did I say that out loud?!?
Yah, a little audiophile

I've also rebuilt a pair a Parasound 2250 amps and mated them to a set of 4412 JBL studio monitors that I did custom drivers in and ran 5 way active from a set of DAC's I built,
that are ran from a MiniDSP (4X8 ) so that I could do all digital room correction as well as tailor all the crossover points depending on what speakers I was trying
At one point I had +/- 2db to my room curve from 5hz to 24Khz...

The whole setup is now under the workbench, as it was like having an oven in the room when left powered up (it was only ever powered down when we left for more than 3 days).

I'm thinking of upgrading to some solid JBL PA drivers when I get back into it...

Beer? Hell yah! I'm loving New Belgium 1554, seem to not tire of it