Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
I used to tune speaker cabs with a laser digitizer for Polk Audio. With special lighting, it would actually show the sound waves coming out of the cone. I've seen some serious experimental shit that never made it to the public.

Never heard of Sherman Vega. I looked it up thinking it was a rip-off of Cerwin-Vega, but couldn't find anything.

My current home theater is Cerwin-Vega LS-15s for the mains and a powered 250w SW-15 for sub. Yamaha 12" 3-ways (can't remember the model #) for the rear channel. I'm wanting to replace the LS-15s with XLS-215s. That would be (5) 15" woofer on the front channel. Yay!!

Cerwin Vega doesn't compete with brands like Infinity or Polk Audio (I love Polk) for sound quality. They're just loud as fuck, and being a heavy metal couple, that's what we need! I literally wear ear plugs when I crank that fucker up. For me, I need to feel the music, and I'm trying to save some hearing for when I'm in my 80s.
Ooops, sorry typo.....meant Cerwin Vega...been a long time since I've seen them....not even sure they are still making stuff.

Yeah you definitely are more in depth with the "technical specs" as I tend to just sit for a long time and tune by ear. My home theater came with a microphone to adjust it, but never done that in a car.

As I said I am a Infinity lover....12 inch Infinity subwoofer at home with the satellite speakers. I do run it by a Pioneer Elite head unit....love those Elite series!

I do love Polk Audio too!