Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
For a few years after my divorce and after my other English Bulldog, Indy, passed all I really had was this dog. I have no family in town so he was also my rock and so many times when I was sad he knew and came and cheered me up. The issue for me is English Bulldogs are super tough so I can’t tell hom much pain he is in because even though he should not be walking on this leg he still does; vet was amazed but said bulldogs tend to be really tough. Just wish he could talk so I knew if the pain is too much because like you I don’t want to put him through that.

Wife bought him a huge meat bone yesterday and he was super happy for many hours with it…..was nice to spoil him and see him so happy.

OMG, your lab was named Bailey! Tell me you have seen (or read) “A Dog's Purpose”. The main dog is a lab named Bailey….well he thinks his name is Bailey, Bailey, Bailey. lol May be hard for you to watch, but I love Bruce Cameron books and have read most his; lots of dog books he has written, but his other books are great as well.

P.S. I’m with you now man and our last two dogs are rescues….I’ll never go to a breeder again after seeing how many great dogs were put down. Bubba was actually a rescue because he had no papers and everyone who wants a English bulldog wants those stupid papers, so they felt he was a waste. Glad I also gave him a good life…..

For the longest time I thought people thought my dog's full name was "Bailey... yes, I know... a lab named Bailey... She came that way".

Didn't know about "A Dog's Purpose" until the movie came out. Couldn't bring myself to see it as the trailers hit weeks she left. If you've seen Marley and Me? that was my dog... Nothing but fun loving Lab trouble! Maybe it's time to check out this one... I haven't sobbed uncontrollably about my dog dying in a while! HA!