First, this is a serious thread, so please keep the BS posts out (hence why it's in here and not General).

Now, Scott (Rybo) and myself will be doing a ~6 minute presentation to ABATE, CDOT, and NHSTA next week as representatives of CSC, intended to help the government-types improve existing, or even begin new ways of increasing motorcycle safety in Colorado. Of course we'll put some focus on sportbike-specific tendencies, but a lot of this stuff is not unique to any one kind of bike.

I have a lot of things already in my head that I think will really be good to say and I'm sure Scott does too, and of course we'll be sitting down in the next couple days to formalize it a bit. But I wanted to ask you, the CSC riding community, to brainstorm a bit as well and offer your suggestions and "topic starters". Perhaps if there's something we haven't thought of it will make it in the presentation! After all, we are representing the CSC, so I feel we should represent its members' views as well.

So, if there was a way (or more than once) you could see to improve safety while riding a motorcycle, please post up! It can be rider education, non-rider (cager) education - which is big in my mind, legislative changes (no we will not suggest a helmet law, but do promote helmet use), etc etc. Please give us your input! This is a very real way you can help make a difference to our sport.