I have finally made it. I started back in March with a 2001 GSXR 1000 from the Denver Police auction. I quickly realized that this bike was trouble. I decided BEFORE getting a huge ticket that I would sell it and get on the track. I parted ways with the Liter bike after owning it for 3 months. I took the money and bought a 98 GSXR 600. I figured it would be good for Modern vintage and I could have fun with it without spending a fortune. I have been doing corner marshal work at as many races as I could. I even made the trek to Hastings. Through it all I have made some good friends and enjoy the racing. I went to Ricky Orlando and completed his race class to get my license. After many weekends out at IMI and a couple more at Pueblo I now am a full MRA Novice racer #379.
What a long journey and I am now faced with so many emotions. It is exciting and nervousness, anticipation and apprehension. As with anything new I am wide eyed and taking in as much as I can. So if you see this old man rolling by, give me a wave. I look forward to getting to know so many more of you and hope that this weekend will be safe and enjoyable for all.
-Doug