Quote Originally Posted by jimwallace View Post
well firstly there is no "local" for me. you know how many other members are in canon city? zero. my wife and i go up to springs for the fri. bike nights. i knew you were joking but as you pointed out every concern can be met without a new thread for the "old guys" and the "women" so why shouldnt family folks have a thread too? i am going to try to put this so its easy to understand my reasoning. if i am planning a ride through springs up to den (for example) and i will be in spgs at 10 am and there is a guy up there who has to watch his kids till 10:30 but would really like to go on the ride i will sit my happy ass there and wait an hour for him so that he can go and i have someone to ride with. why would i do this? cause i can understand where he is coming from whereas a lot of people without kids have no clue and would not be willing to wait. its the same thing as a group of experienced riders with a noob...they dont like waiting on them....but other noobs are right there in the same basket.
You and I are having a failure to communicate and that's totally fine. I don't think that another section is necessary regardless of what it's for (family, medical condition, sexual preferance, what ever). I think that whatever it is that ANY member, regardless of their marital/family status, is trying to achieve can be done so with the sections that are already provided.

As far as your example, anyone, whether if he/she has kids or not, can make that decision if they are going to wait or not, if they are going to empathize with the other person or not, or if the cost of waiting for this one person is worth the time he or she is giving up to go ride.

Like I said before, I understand your viewpoint and reasoning for wanting this section, you don't have to try and make it simpler for me to understand. You asked for feedback on those that said no, and unlike the other X many people, I'm giving it to you.

Good luck, and if you get it then I'm sure I will post in it