Thread: looking for a new bike

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: looking for a new bike

Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh View Post
    +1 on the riding course.

Since you're a noob I'd suggest NOT buying a new bike. Chances are you're going to drop it at low speed and it won't hurt as much if it's a slightly used bike rather than a new one you brought home from the dealership.

The performance of all of the japanese 600's are going to be quite comperable, especially for a noob that's not going to ride it anywhere near it's max. Unless you're partial to a particular brand or color scheme/style I'd suggest sitting on them all and finding the one that's most comfortable for you and that you can ride all day.
    Wow, a ton of responses. Thanks to all of you! I would like to add couple things to what have been said already. I am not liking the naked bikes as much.
    I am sure that I will drop the bike several times. I started by looking around for a used bike but I found out that something that is not abused is as much as a new one. i.e. $7500 for a used 07 gsx-r 600, where I can buy a new 08 for the same money.

If I could find a used but not abused bike for $6k - $7k, I will be happy. All is talk is making me get all excited. yeee...

Also, how good are the frame sliders?

By the way, 09 honda cbr 600 looks very sexy...
    Last edited by FALCONSEYE; Tue Nov 25th, 2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: add