Thread: GSXR Dumping Squid

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GSXR Dumping Squid

Do I have a good reason? Was it wet? Was I tired, drunk, forced off the road?
    Nope

Naw, instead my dumb ass is in the parking lot at work. I approach the end of a row, I look right, I look left. I see the little Hyundai hatchback, but that doesn't make it to my brain, I let out the clutch and ease forward when I realize what I am doing. I am leaned over a little and commited. Clutch and brake in....front wheel locks, slides and.....bam.

Allow me to make this clear, I am not as good natured about this as Bash, or Scott, or Tipys or jimwallace or Matty.

I am fucking furious with myself. Still.

But I do understand kharma, and I know I have this coming. So please, do not offer help, or support. It was a 5 mph off, and the damage is mostly cosmetic, I need to replace my shifter.

After the bike went over (lucky for my dumb ass, I broke the fall with my knee) I layed on my back and felt the rage build. When I heard the Hyundai bacing up, I got up so they wouldn't think I was hurt. I thanked them for stopping, and took ownership of the accident. Stood my bike up, got a quick survey of the damage and road it home.

I will not count dirtbike offs, and I am not counting my 0 mph lowside in 1997. So my last accident was in 1989. Yes, I know Trever was just born. I don't fucking care.

Yes I know that everyone wrecks, I also don't care.
    I know that this is why we wear gear. Don't goddam care.
    I know I should be thankful I walked away
    I should be thankful I can afford to fix my mistake
    I should feel blessed I have a bike in the first place

I should have been more careful and seen the damm car in broad damm daylight.

Tomorrow it will be better. Tomorrow, I will realize all those things above, but right now I am just too goddamm mad. Even a few sarcastic posts, and 2 beer later I am still absolutely goddam livid.

Fucking moron.

Total damage, a scratched mirror, turn signal, a nicely scuffed side panel, deeply scratcted crank case cover, a destroyed shifter, one skinned knee and a blood soaked tax payer provided flight suit. My helmet never hit the ground. The larger damage is my giant ego just took a huge kick on the balls.

5 fucking miles an hour.

So please, start up, I deserve it. No I don't think I am better than anyone, and yes much better riders than me have gone down. None of that helps. It was 5 fucking miles an hour, and now I get to spend the next few month riding around with a scuffed GSXR like every other fucking squid in COS. Fucking great. I might as well just glue the goddam helmet to my fucking tail section, throw on my fucking tank top and ride on down Academy on one fucking wheel.

Yes, I know, please, post up the jokes, I deserve it all and more. All the cracks about Tipys, jimwallance, matty and anyone else I started up on, this is kharma. You are better peaple than I am, and thats not a hard thing to do.
    Last edited by Mental; Thu May 7th, 2009 at 10:06 PM.
    GSXRScott made me follow him into that corner,...down that hill...there was the time up that washout...crankcase alley...man I gotta stop following him.
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    ...I knew all too well what would happen if the old guy on the Beemer took the lead...