Just found out my wife and I are without kids for the weekend so we are wanting to do a quick weekend overnight ride. Last year we went 285 then over Independence Pass, stayed in Glenwood for the night, then rode home on I70. Other than the I70, it was a good ride (wife said NO I70 this time!!!). Thought of doing that again, but also thinking maybe go up to Steamboat Springs (6 to I70 to 40, maybe back over Trail Ridge road), or up to the Black Hills, possibly through the Snowy Range west of Laramie.

What's everyone's suggestion (these ideas or others)? I've never ridden to Steamboat, driven over to snowmobile, but that we do through Silverthorne. Ditto for the Snowy's, been snowmobiling there plenty, but never when the highway wasn't white. Black Hills the downside is hauling it through Wyoming..not great riding... Hot springs or something similar at the end would be nice, but not required. Will just grab a hotel room wherever we end up for the night and some dinner at a decent resturant.

Anybody know how the roads are on these little trips? Suggestions for better routes, or better destinations?