OK, I posted this originally in the new members thread but not sure many people read that and I haven't gotten any replies so I'll try it here. This seems to be the most appropriate place.

I'm Ken, and go by mccolo. I'm a bit different from the rest of you I would guess because I don't really ride a sport bike. I do have a Kawasaki Concours, which is more sport touring, but it does have the body work and the Ninja engine.

I have an ulterior reason for joining this forum, however. I'm a writer and I write about motorcycles and motorcycling. One of the things I do is write for Examiner.com, where I am their national Motorcycle Examiner. What I would like to do is make this forum my portal into the sport bike world. For instance, I did an article recently about Jon Kuo, a local racer who is also an ABATE rider trainer and who had been sponsored as a racer by ABATE. In the article, which I feel is unfortunately one-sided, the ABATE folks talk about the organization's inability to get much traction with the sport bike community. I'd really like to publish a follow-up article to this presenting the feelings and opinions of the sport bikers toward ABATE and their efforts.

I'd also like to be able to touch in here from time to time to ask you guys about other issues I'm planning to write about. So how does that sound to you all? Anyone care to be the first to respond to the Jon Kuo article?