• yes

26 52.00%
  • no

24 48.00%

Thread: Super street bike class next year in the MRA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Super street bike class next year in the MRA

This has been bouncing around in the MRA forums and I am supporting the idea too. Here is the what I propose: Offer two or three simulated races on Saturday afternoons after the completion of endurance races. The class structure could be based on bike size or rider skill levels and would likely be a timed like endurance for example. The rider requirements would be; current AMA member, completion of MRA race school, current MRA license (these are all insurance requirements to be on the track at a MRA event to my knowledge and there may be a few other requirements not listed). Bike requirements; no antifreeze (water or waterwetter allowed), engine case guards required, lenses or glass taped off, and steering dampener. Gear requirements; helmet (latest snell rating), back protector, one or two piece leathers (two piece must zip completely together), gloves, and boots. Cost of a class would be somewhere between $50-$100. As of now the idea doesn't include scoring each class so no trophies, points, contengency, or championships. And the MRA rulebook would be followed in terms of racer conduct and any other issues!!!!

What is the point of this suggestion? I have friends that have one bike and want to get on the track, be involved with the club, but don't want to give up their ability to ride their streetbike on the street. These guys/gals also don't have the budget to race full tilt. All of my friends are in favor of this proposal and I would like to see them get involved. I would also like to see more people get involved too.

The important thing now is to hear from the members of the CSC about this idea! The CSC is the riders that would be supporting such a class.

Remember this is just an idea right now, but that is where change starts is an idea.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have or comments.

Jeff
    Last edited by MRA 32; Tue Jul 14th, 2009 at 10:58 PM.