Since I moved to FC a few months ago I have noticed that I don't drive at all, even during the winter it was only to go snowboarding and back. I had a newer Xterra that I found on craigslist for 14k. So I decided to sell it and do some change-aroo's. I ended up selling the Xterra for an easy 17k and watched craigslist for a month for my next car! My new car had to be awd, manual, turbo'd, and a good deal. Here is a list of cars I have owned so I had a good idea of what I was looking for.

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Bought for $3000 - Traded for $5000 towards the wrx
2003 WRX - rallied it all over Texas and Colo and had to trade it before it shit the bed - lost money
2007 WRX - worst car i've ever owned - lost even more money
1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD - Bought for $500 not running - took 8 months to get it back running - sold immediately for $3200? - I have no idea how that happened.
1995.5 Audi URS6 - Best car i've ever owned. Bought for $3000 (242K miles and still boosted hard) - Sold for $3300 + new MacBook Pro

I've owned other cars but you get the idea.

I had my eye out for 1990's Audi S cars, especially an Avant, but nothing was posting that looked worth it. I checked out a newer A6 that was a great deal, but I didn't want something bad to happen to the fragile, and very hard to work on, 2.7tt, and have a money bucket. I found some ok bmws, but not taken care of at all. I went back to look at some wrx's and dsm's, and according to their posts - "In Perfect Condition", but were anything but.

I then found exactly what I wasn't looking for: Mitsubishi Sports Coupe. Posted only a few hours prior in Denver. Click on the link and it's a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX with 80k original miles, owned and garaged by the original owner, 70 year old lady, for a killer deal. I called and said I had the cash in hand and would buy it for asking price that night, no questions asked. And I did. Her son sold it to me. He thought it was a junk car because it wasn't a Chevy. He even took off a couple hundred for no other reason than he didn't think he was going to sell it for a couple weeks.

Needless to say this car is perfect. It's a blast! Like a go-kart. Everything feels and looks brand new. My easy goal is 300hp and to keep it as stock looking as possible. No FMIC, no stupid exhaust, or loud bov. I want to avoid the ricers who want to race at every stop light. I just want a fun car that gets me snowboarding.

Heres what I'll currently be doing:
DSMlink
16g
Bigger SMIC
K&N Drop in filter
Bigger injectors

The HDR pics make it look good, but after a good claybar'ing, waxing, and a lot of cleaning, my neighbor came out and asked if it was one of Mitsubishi's new 2013 models.