Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMI this Saturday maybe sunday too

Re: IMI this Saturday maybe sunday too

I had jeans underneath, but i know i need to get pants and boots

so 9 ish?

Yeah, I won't be able to meet everyone at the gas station like normal, gotta leave extra early to go pick up the bike and gear so I'll meet you all there.

Newbie...Again!!! Lifetime Supporter ZX Rider's Avatar

Great day at IMI today !
    No mishaps.
    2010 ZX-10R

Yeah totally agree, great times out there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    The asphault section will be closed next weekend for the repaving starting mext monday. Track will be down two weeks maybe.

Fucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccccck!

Actually heard great news today, IMI will be open on the weekends in between stages of repaving.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Yep, good day today. A big on the Pilot Power 2CT's on the Gixxer. Much better than the stock Dunlops.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Anyone hitting up IMI tomorrow? I've got a bunch of things to get done and will probably have to bail on the n00b ride so I figured I might make an appearance at IMI if there would be more than carts to take pics of.

I made it out there today, wasn't planning on staying long but you know how that goes, Blake Yellowtwin was out there as well. A few people here n there came and left.....

Blake made a huge improvement from last weekend until today, I would say he somehow cut off maybe close to 10 seconds a lap, don't know what happened there, some guys timed him at 1 minute 8 seconds.

Track official out there got me at consecutive 1minute 2 seconds. Gotta figure out how to shave off 2 seconds for my next goal.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Track official out there got me at consecutive 1minute 2 seconds.
    Sweet!

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, so my front seals are busted. i'm going to try and fix those up quick, and hopefully get some stiffer springs in there.

Thanks for the help today jay. I'm going to give ricky a call this week and see if i can arrange a session with him to get pueblo certified. maybe we can get a few guys to do it together.

blake

jesus.. 1:02 i need to get some nice takeoffs and follow your lines.

Thats haulin for a sportbike on that track. Good luck getting below 1.00 I have yet to see a sportbike do it.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by krod View Post
    Thats haulin for a sportbike on that track. Good luck getting below 1.00 I have yet to see a sportbike do it.
    Thanks a lot krod, I'm hoping I can find the way though. There was a guy named Rick from Santa Fe, New Mexico that was out there this weekend including today, had a crazy motard set up with marchesini's and all. Some sort of road racer but also getting in the super motards. Was fast as sh*t.

I have video from yesterday and today on the tank mounted camcorder, but still need to go purchase the cable needed and SW to pull and edit it. Probably will be a few days.

Kevin (asian guy with an r6) showed up today, not sure what his name is on the board, came out full bore and went down by his second turn on cold tires, bad newbie mistake, he was alright, and just a couple small scratches on the bike. However he ran 1 minute 14 seconds and then tried to follow me through on one of my 1:02's and ended up going down on the 1st of the double inside turn. Broken clip on and mirror, additional scratches but still, he is ok.

Maybe someone will be out there next weekend that could help me shave off a little more time..... like 2 more seconds haha.
    Last edited by Slo; Sun May 13th, 2007 at 09:51 PM.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Jay,

That's faster than I've ever gone out there....best I've ever managed is 1:03.

As you're pushing for the next goal remember that :02 isn't worth crashing over. Also what happened with Kevin today isn't uncommon. You've been practicing and are discovering your limits. Others want to be like you, be as fast as you. It's taken you some time to get to this level and others don't see the time and work it's taken.

Nice work today, your times will come down with the new pavement almost for certain.

s

Makes me feel better about giving up trying to keep up with jay a couple sessions ago. (learning the hard way too ) I knew he was going there a lot and that lap time shows it. I'll be back end of the summer with a level head on my shoulders. Read twist of the wrist and watch some races on speed channel.

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Jay,

That's faster than I've ever gone out there....best I've ever managed is 1:03.

As you're pushing for the next goal remember that :02 isn't worth crashing over. Also what happened with Kevin today isn't uncommon. You've been practicing and are discovering your limits. Others want to be like you, be as fast as you. It's taken you some time to get to this level and others don't see the time and work it's taken.

Nice work today, your times will come down with the new pavement almost for certain.

s
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Kevin (asian guy with an r6) showed up today, not sure what his name is on the board, came out full bore and went down by his second turn on cold tires, bad newbie mistake, he was alright, and just a couple small scratches on the bike. However he ran 1 minute 14 seconds and then tried to follow me through on one of my 1:02's and ended up going down on the 1st of the double inside turn. Broken clip on and mirror, additional scratches but still, he is ok.

Maybe someone will be out there next weekend that could help me shave off a little more time..... like 2 more seconds haha.
    we should make a sign, "Don't not follow Jay on cold tires"
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Which direction do you guys think is faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Blake yellowtwin View Post
    Which direction do you guys think is faster?

Whichever way Jay is going.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

We were going clock wise (the norm), however it has been said that most people say it's slower going counter clock wise but still fun. It has been a huge learning experience but makes me watch races and such in a completely different way now.

Scott, your very right about the 2 seconds not being worth crashing over.

A big thanks to everyone for keeping me motivated and helping out with all the advice!!!!! I definitely try to pass all the info to my buddies when I go out there.

What's this weeks IMI schedule? Are they going to be open on the weekend and will anyone be riding with the surface so new?

I will definitely go check it out, probably walk the course as well and watch the carts go at it.

Here are some of the pictures from this weekend. I started a new thread in the pics area so here is the link.

If anyone wants to see the video from IMI, let me know and you guys/gals can come on over to my place. It will probably be a while before I get a chance to upload them.