Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: And the new Pres is......

Re: And the new Pres is......

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    Change in government is slow. I am not sure what the hell all of you extremist types are afraid of? Have you EVER known or read of anything happening overnight with our government? Really? You fuckers need to chillax and unpucker your sphincters before you have a heart attack.

Imagine this: A megalomaniac who stands against EVERYTHING you believe in and wants to take all of your freedoms away, for real, gets elected as president. What do you think his chances are in succeeding in taking away all of your guns? Making ANY form of birth control illegal? Raising your taxes 100% and giving everyone who makes over $250k a year tax exempt? Really? Think about it.

You hard core but scared as shit people are the reason we have a hard right and a hard left. You are the people that a good amount of us hate. You can't be happy unless you have gripe. get over it. Move to your own island. You are NOT providing any useful input because you cannot convey your opinions, beliefs, or fears without making people think you are a nutcase. Write a 10,000 word post about why 9mm ammo will be seized from your homes if you vote democrat. Write a 10 word post, misspelling every other word, trying to explain why Obama is a poopie head. OR, have a normal conversation conveying your beliefs without quoting a statistic, a FOX news broadcast, or something you read on teh intarwebs. Why can't you just say what YOU think? I seem to have a problem saying what I think, too much. I don't use quotes, I don't use TV news rhetoric, I say what I think, personally. I guess I AM as bad as you guys, in that extreme.

All of my friends firmly believe that I am a republican, because my wife is a very strong republican. Have you ever thought about that? How do I act when we are not talking politics? Do I act like a republican or a democrat? Am I charitable or am I for more or less control over my family by government? Tou call huh? Would you not be my friend if I was either of them? Why does it matter?

What are you guys the rest of the year, in between elections? Do you live your life as a rebublican, a democrat, or as an American? Does it really matter? Some of you have said some nasty things to your fellow riders/friends over this election. I think it is time to make up and move on.

/vent
    Bravo Dana!!

I'm just tired of seeing a million threads, news articles, tv ads...first about the election, now about who was chosen. Let it go! Don't y'all have anything better to do?
    Last edited by DevilsTonic; Thu Nov 6th, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by puckstr View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Damn Dana... WTF I use spell chekt
    haha MY spellchecker spells works incorrectly FOR me
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

haha MY spellchecker spells works incorrectly FOR me
    You been drinking this morning or what?
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

AKA "Devaclis"

Did ya catch the irony? It is pretty ironical.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

And for the record Dana, you would be my friend no matter how you voted (or didn't vote at all). Hell, I'm friends with Jeff and he's a maoist-commie-hippie who wants to put me in a concentration camp because of what I believe.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

I'll drink with Dana and Jeff
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Steve, I agree with you on the cult of personality, but charisma and a winning smile do not a good President/leader/policy creator make.

...the argument is profoundly different when I don't pay attention to my miscues.
    Clinton is a prime example of this.
    That makes absolutely no sense though. Clinton had one of the most universally regarded successful administrations in history!

From a budget surplus, to the FMLA act, to allowing gays to serve our country in the military, to the Brady Bill, which helped stave off impulse handgun purchases, to the expansion of the Earned Income-tax credit....

I mean seriously... President Clinton, despite his certain controversies, helped make this country BETTER, and you somehow consider him a suit-&-smile, effectively "hollow" president?

I'm not going to belabor the point about you not voting, as I wholeheartedly SUPPORT your right to exercise that; but I really do have to bring into question exactly how you form this opinion, as somebody who does not. It's really hard for me to buy into the idea of a somehow well-informed non-voter. It's not logical.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Thu Nov 6th, 2008 at 11:46 AM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

^^^^^^^^^^

Damn Dana... WTF I use spell chekt
    +1 Dana. Stop talking like me. I don't sound that bad.

If he is not just another politician and he really is the Hussain anticrist? I think we are in for some interesting stuff going on in our lives for the next 4 years. There is going to be movies like logans run to catch the last people with out the mark of the beast. If pets start talking to us and gorillas get turned into domestic help how cool is the end gonna be? If not it will be just the same ol' shit that it was before. France will love us, Canada will hate us, blah blah blah.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense though. Clinton had one of the most universally regarded successful administrations in history!

From a budget surplus, to the FMLA act, to allowing gays to serve our country in the military, to the Brady Bill, which helped stave off impulse handgun purchases, to the expansion of the Earned Income-tax credit....

I mean seriously... President Clinton, despite his certain controversies, helped make this country BETTER, and you somehow consider him a suit-&-smile, effectively "hollow" president?

I'm not going to belabor the point about you not voting, as I wholeheartedly SUPPORT your right to exercise that. But I really do have to bring into question exactly how you form these opinions of these candidates, as somebody who does not. It's really hard for me to buy into the idea of a somehow well-informed non-voter. It's not logical.

WTF Barn all my gun purchases are impulse buys
    And I will drink with Barn too

BTW Clinton was kick-ass, I am so tired of the "but he got a blow job".
    Fucking prudish haters.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Chris will be my UN Ambassador.

Dirk for President 2012
    I would like to throw my hat in for highly paid scapegoat. I got that "love to hate" thing going for me lately. You might need one when Jeff starts buying caged cattle cars.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    ... You might need one when Jeff starts buying caged cattle cars.
    No need for worry there Dave.
    I've ralready reserved you and Shea a staff car to take you to the "re-education" camp.
    (Shea will be riding shotgun though, unfortunatly you'll be in the trunk.)

It's the least I can do for my friends.
    Last edited by Sortarican; Thu Nov 6th, 2008 at 01:28 PM.

WTF Barn all my gun purchases are impulse buys
    And I will drink with Barn too

BTW Clinton was kick-ass, I am so tired of the "but he got a blow job".
    Fucking prudish haters.
    He got turned down by the ugly chick though he did nail the hotter fatty one.

BTW the Brady bill and their rhetoric is far worse that stopping impulse buying of hand guns. You can still get them in one day so that wasn't the reason behind it. It was a stepping stone to banning all non sporting guns and ammo. That means all handguns and scary rifles and their ammo. Also, unless I missed something that is still their goal.

AKA "Devaclis"

I'm not going to belabor the point about you not voting, as I wholeheartedly SUPPORT your right to exercise that. But I really do have to bring into question exactly how you form these opinions of these candidates, as somebody who does not. It's really hard for me to buy into the idea of a somehow well-informed non-voter. It's not logical.
    Wait wait wait. Voting gives you the magic power to formulate correct, all knowing opinions about the candidates? Shit, I needs me a fucking registration card.

So, because I choose not to vote, because I have researched and studied the candidates, and possibly have done more research than the average voter, I don't know shit about them? Who's not making sense?

And you do not have to buy into the idea of a well-informed non-voter Barn. As I said before, I do not vote BECAUSE I am well informed.

As for Clinton, you said it, he hada successful administration. the president is not the entity called "the administration" A bad seed surrounded by good soil is still a bad seed.

But lets not go politicking any more, man. Let's setup a DTC lunch

Wait wait wait. Voting gives you the magic power to formulate correct, all knowing opinions about the candidates? Shit, I needs me a fucking registration card.

So, because I choose not to vote, because I have researched and studied the candidates, and possibly have done more research than the average voter, I don't know shit about them? Who's not making sense?

And you do not have to buy into the idea of a well-informed non-voter Barn. As I said before, I do not vote BECAUSE I am well informed.

As for Clinton, you said it, he hada successful administration. the president is not the entity called "the administration" A bad seed surrounded by good soil is still a bad seed.

You are NOT supposed to research ANY of the candidates EVER. Why would you ever want to disprove a prospective leader as a liar.

How do you think any of them ever got in to politics to start with.
    Well they get there by having a populace that buys the total crap they (all of them) PREACH as gospel. Conform and Obey

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    No need for worry there Dave.
    I've ralready eserved you and Shea a staff car to take you to the "re-education" camp.
    (Shea will be riding shotgun though, unfortunatly you'll be in the trunk.)

It's the least I can do for my friends.
    Just like in the beginning of the latest Indiana Movie? Sweet, I could get down like that. All I need a revolver and a bull whip.

And as long as the staff car is old school and fast (you have your reputation to think about).

I may always see Obama like this until he shows me something better. And proves it to me without his teleprompter.

But you guys remind me of this. And that is they way it should be but I am not so easily swade. I would like to think that I have been fooled before and I am smarter than falling for it again.

So for the mean time I am chilling looking like this.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Well I'm just sayin'....

If somebody is going to put forth the effort to becoming savvy to what a president stands for, and moreover forms an opinion supporting or objecting to it, it would only stand to reason, that they might find themself eager to participate, that's all. I'll conceed to you though, that your personal view is my semi-annual needle in a haystack.

But yes... after re-reading my post, my wording was poor. I didn't mean to convey that voters know more, mearly by virtue of voting (DofDenver - exhibit A). It just struck a cord, when you alluded to Clinton being a suit-and-tie smile, and not much more. I mean this is one highly regarded President that we're talking about here.

Anyway.... Where for lunch?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Discourse on an internet forum, at a bar, across the kitchen table, and wherever it takes place is what makes the elections worth watching and, goddamnit, it's what makes democracy function. The more political threads the better. The more we can talk about the issues and how we feel about them the more informed a decision we can collectively make. When you trod upon people's political conversation purely because you don 't want to hear it you're performing the 2nd grade equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming "la la la I can't hear you" and the governmental equivalent of disregarding the First Amendment.

I'll exercise my ability to express my opinion however and whenever I feel that it would contribute to the conversation and maybe even a few times more. If I feel you're comments are below the belt then you're welcome to make them, but you should in no way shape or form expect me to sit back and not call you on them. When I'm voicing my opinion in a pointed and potentially hurtful & biased fashion then I do so fully aware of the backlash I can rightfully expect.

My opinions do not subside between elections but are always open to debate and revision as I feel each of ours should be. My beliefs do not waiver whether questioned or not.

How portrays themselves online, in person, or across a television is not always indicative of their real motives, opinions, or beliefs, only their ability to convey their message. Republican, Democrat, 3rd party affiliate, voter, non-voter, eloquent, uneducated, your opinion is just as welcomed as any other. Anyone is welcome to express themselves as long as they are aware that other opinions not only exist, but are likely to be expressed.

Unlike life, this forum has an "ignore" button. Should you feel the need, please exercise this functionality of said button or, better still, exercise your own judgement and be ready for the contents of a thread or simply refrain from opening it should you not be able to restrain yourself.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

*cough* What? "Universally"? Sorry brother Barn, I do not concur.

Budget surplus: Where do all spending bills originate?
    FMLA: Needless intervention into the workplace environment by a heavy-handed government
    Gays in the military: "Don't ask, don't tell" hardly was what you want to make it out to be. I have no problem with it but it wasn't exactly monumental.
    Brady Bill: Did very little (if anything) to curb gun violence and it's eventual sunset did not usher in a massive increase in it either.
    ETC: Taking money from those who earned it and giving it to those who didn't. I'm sure that makes sense to you but not to me.

Now mine,
    Clinton did away with the Glass-Steagall Act in 99 directly contributing to our current economic crisis.
    Clinton's National Homeownership Strategy set up the systems that have fallen apart and led to people getting into houses that could never afford.
    The Clinton administration actively sought to create a wall between the FBI and CIA so that little, if any, information could be passed between to two. Directly resulting in 9/11.
    Clinton's military escapades in the Yugoslavia, Somalia, Haiti which were so poorly managed, causing untold harm to our presitge in the world (that the left sees as so damned important).
    Clinton's North Korean policy resulting in them producing a nuclear weapon (albeit an unsuccessful one).
    Ruby Ridge, Waco, Elian Gonzolas, on and on. Not to mention his UTTER failures as a man, husband and father.

No, Barn, I'm sorry he was not a great President, nor even a successful one.

But then again we both have different opinions. I'll still buy you a beer
    Last edited by Shea; Thu Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:11 PM.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

"It is often better to keep one's mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."
    --- Mark Twain
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I can't find the ignore button....

MRA Racer No.427

ha ha ha Bush or Clinton.

Those guys are amateurs, check these numbers.
    World's Ten Most Corrupt Leaders

NamePositionFunds embezzled
    1. Mohamed SuhartoPresident of Indonesia (1967–1998 $15–35 billion
    2. Ferdinand MarcosPresident of the Philippines (1972–1986)5–10 billion
    3. Mobutu Sese SekoPresident of Zaire (1965–1997) $5 billion
    4. Sani AbachaPresident of Nigeria (1993–1998 $2–5 billion
    5. Slobodan MilosevicPresident of Serbia/Yugoslavia (1989–2000)1 billion
    6. Jean-Claude DuvalierPresident of Haiti (1971–1986)300–800 million
    7. Alberto FujimoriPresident of Peru (1990–2000)600 million
    8. Pavlo LazarenkoPrime Minister of Ukraine (1996–1997)114–200 million
    9. Arnoldo AlemánPresident of Nicaragua (1997–2002)100 million
    10. Joseph EstradaPresident of the Philippines (1998–2001)78–80 million
    Last edited by puckstr; Thu Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:14 PM.

Well I'm just sayin'....

If somebody is going to put forth the effort to becoming savvy to what a president stands for, and moreover forms an opinion supporting or objecting to it, it would only stand to reason, that they might find themself eager to participate, that's all. I'll conceed to you though, that your personal view is my semi-annual needle in a haystack.

But yes... after re-reading my post, my wording was poor. I didn't mean to convey that voters know more, mearly by virtue of voting (DofDenver - exhibit A). It just struck a cord, when you alluded to Clinton being a suit-and-tie smile, and not much more. I mean this is one highly regarded President that we're talking about here.

Anyway.... Where for lunch?
    You sir are over fed and under read.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    ... and under read.
    That's funny coming from the guy who leans in corners in his malibu.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsTonic View Post
    That's funny coming from the guy who leans in corners in his malibu.
    Don't knock it until you tried it.