Thread: T's Noob Question of the week - Riding the Turns!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: T's Noob Question of the week - Riding the Turns!

i love the rule of 70 percent, although when you get going sometimes the pure joy of it will get me above that. what i do always try to do is ride tire lines cause this gives me 2 things, 1 is better traction, the sand ect gets kicked away by the car tires so less chance of slip and also better area grip for braking. secondly by sticking to the two tire lines it puts you to one side and i try to always be ready for an emergency pass if a car or something is stopped in the middle of the road (stalled, saw some deer, taking pictures) and i am unable to make an emergency stop i can whip to the shoulder or the center line (my preference due to the fact that if something is up people tend to stand on the shoulder as opposed to the center line and i DONT WANT TO RUN SOMEONE OVER. these are just things i hope to do if the situation ever came to pass, which i always hope doesnt, and try to avoid. but in all honesty accidents do happen regardless of whether or not you are above speed. all you can do is think and practice in youre mind some of the scenarios and manuevers used to avoid accidents. Mental prep is one of the greatest tools we have.
    Last edited by jimwallace; Tue Feb 3rd, 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    and you did it!

the rest of us were just thinking it.

http://www.myspace.com/adrenalineaddiction24

01 zx9r
    99 r6 (race bike)