Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ride Sunday?

Re: Ride Sunday?

Well....the "left behind" obviously wasn't DT....and the other two (Sherry and Tanya) broke off with me and a few others instead of going up to Estes......so I call Shenanigans.

And big groups kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
    Didn't do the Sunday ride but did do the Saturday ride what a blast, never rode with a group that big ever, hope to ride with every ride I can, next time I'll have full gear, not just my jacket and helmet though. Glad to meet everyone though many of you I never even talked to you but I will eventually.

Great group of people very Impressed.
    Thanks, it was great meeting you on saturday too. Hope to see you out on more rides..and nice 500 you got there.
    The cheapest mod that you can make to increase HP on two wheels is to remove the weight from the equation. In other words, put the spoon down once in a while and loose some fat off ur a*s ..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeway View Post

And big groups kick ass.
    +1

And on top of that...I just like to ride, big or small groups. Nice to brush elbows and lean with other riders just happy to be out on two wheels.
    The cheapest mod that you can make to increase HP on two wheels is to remove the weight from the equation. In other words, put the spoon down once in a while and loose some fat off ur a*s ..lol.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" — Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by jakeway View Post
    Well....the "left behind" obviously wasn't DT....and the other two (Sherry and Tanya) broke off with me and a few others instead of going up to Estes......so I call Shenanigans.

And big groups kick ass.
    Nope, just me having my facts mixed up. She was left behind on Saturday in Golden. My mistake on the day.

I'm curious, WHY do "big groups kick ass"? Just wondering why you feel that way.

Obviously everyone has their own preference. Some will prefer large, some will prefer small. My comments regarding group size are directed at a couple of individuals in this thread, not everyone.

Again, ride your own ride and be safe. That's all that matters in the end...
    Jon

Big groups = Colorado Social Club
    Too much bullshit, too much stopping and chit-chat. You play hell keeping track of everyone if that even happens. If I want to visit I'll go to bike night somewhere. If I head up to ride that is what I want to do. On several big rides I have broken off to actually go ride. Those that like big groups either haven't been on enough of them or are there for the social aspect.

In A Land Far Far Far Away Lifetime Supporter

I liked the big group, although the traffic got stupid cause of the ridiculous traffic lights changed and aloud one bike and one car to get through it? I was one that got separated in golden could have hooked a u-turn and been back with the group but I had a clue where I was on 6th Ave, had to pee so went home and then figured things out, would have been alot smoother if the traffic lights weren't 2 seconds long breaking the group up. But on the flip side this was my first ride on any kind of large scale and I think it went smoothly, cause it was my screw up that got me seperated, still found the final destination once I got an I dead of where this place was. With the help of having a cell and being able to call a member of the group and get directions, the GPS was worthless.

I felt like an Idiot cause it was my mistake that got me seperated.

At about 5:17 is where it got stupid and initiated the beginning of my seperation when I could have just hung back and relaxed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZy0zo_xC6Y
    Αφροδίτη

https://www.facebook.com/dcbk.stanley

The one in the back still catching up....

Those vids are great BTW. Makes me want to get a cam on my bike...

Scers sidekick... PuhRobin Yearly Supporter Foolds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Player 2 View Post
    EDIT: nevermind

Obviously a lost cause. You all seem to like the LARGE groups for some odd reason.

I'll stick to my smaller more personal groups and my WONDERFULLY awesome days at the track

And JJ, I doubt this person would complain about being left behind if she hadn't STARTED with the group in the first place.

Jon if you actuly read my post you would see I said we must have picked some on else up. This would clearly indicate made the person you were eluding to got left behind and we picked up a new rider and therefore didnt notice we had lost some one.

We understand you don't like large groups and can respect that but I'm also not the kind of guy who wants to exclude people. Their are times I will go on more selective rides but there are also times when it is nice to go on more social rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolds View Post
    Jon if you actuly read my post you would see I said we must have picked some on else up. This would clearly indicate made the person you were eluding to got left behind and we picked up a new rider and therefore didnt notice we had lost some one.

We understand you don't like large groups and can respect that but I'm also not the kind of guy who wants to exclude people. Their are times I will go on more selective rides but there are also times when it is nice to go on more social rides.
    JJ, I read your post my man. Sometimes mistakes are made in large groups and things aren't always "clearly indicated"

No worries dude. Like I said, do your thing and I'll do mine. You like the social aspect of it apparently, I don't (at least not to the tone of 20-30+ people on a ride). Been there done that too many time over the past 6 years in CSC. Big groups get old fast (maybe they won't for you since you're such a social butterfly)

Bueller, we'll have to ride some this season! Been too long...
    Last edited by Player 2; Tue Mar 24th, 2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Jon

I share Jon's opinion on the big groups. I've ridden in my fair share of LARGE group rides over the years, and when you spend more time babysitting instead of riding, the level of enjoyment really starts to decline. I would much rather ride in a smaller group of people that I know and trust.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    I share Jon's opinion on the big groups. I've ridden in my fair share of LARGE group rides over the years, and when you spend more time babysitting instead of riding, the level of enjoyment really starts to decline. I would much rather ride in a smaller group of people that I know and trust.
    I thought it was because no one liked riding with you?

the saddlebags strike fear into their hearts
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Player 2 View Post
    JJ, I read your post my man. Sometimes mistakes are made in large groups and things aren't always "clearly indicated"

No worries dude. Like I said, do your thing and I'll do mine. You like the social aspect of it apparently, I don't (at least not to the tone of 20-30+ people on a ride). Been there done that too many time over the past 6 years in CSC. Big groups get old fast (maybe they won't for you since you're such a social butterfly)

Bueller, we'll have to ride some this season! Been too long...
    +1 verbatim
    And we will