Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
Thanks Ghost! Great insight in your comments and I'll take it to heart. I do like the Ninja the best but I have no idea why. I'm not a brand loyalist so they are all in the running. And ultimately, I will be test sitting/riding them all but my limited years riding could use any advice offered. The "bikes" I've owned/ridden read like the island of misfit toys. The 600 in my near future will be the first true blood sportbike among them.

1984 Vespa P200E <-- not a motorcycle obviously but freeway legal back in the 80's
1985 Honda Nighthawk 450 <-- housemate's bike but I used it All. The. Time.
2008 Harley Dyna Super Glide <-- first new bike, many fun miles, too slow for my tastes
2009 Yamaha FZ1 <-- fast, fun, rides like a dream. Bars and seating position not lending to deep leans. Too much power and too snatchy of a throttle to trust coming out of a corner
20xx 600 <-- for leaning, revving to 15k to tickle my fancy, and finally learning to ride at schools of all kinds
hehe, anytime, I am here to help...

I think that if you LIKE the Kawasaki, then, assuming it fits you comfortably, and you can ride it without feeling it's too big or too small or too Whatever, then GET the Kawi.

You don't have to justify WHY you like it, if you do, you do, get it!

At this stage, being your first 600, Liking the bike is the critical factor.

Once you're an MRA pro moving up to AMA, THEN every 10th of a second you can squeeze out matters. BUT, at this point...just get the one you WANT the most...it's that simple.

There doesn't have to be endless hours spent pouring over everything to get the "perfect" bike, as long as YOU are Happy, then that's ALL that matters...so many people used to take every last ounce of Joy out of buying a bike that I didn't understand why they were getting one...

This isn't buying a new artificial heart, this is a Toy to go Play with and Enjoy...so get the one you WANT to play with.

And, again, I cannot emphasize it enough: ALL the current 600s are FANTASTIC bikes. There is a bad one in any of them...

Back when I bought my F4, the R6 was the undisputed KING of 600s, and unlike bikes of today, it WAS far, far better in *every* performance category...yet, despite it all, the F4 was the one I took home--and kept for the next 10 years...

So, if you want the Kawi, get it and be happy that you've gotten the one you wanted the most.