Thread: I didn't know they didn't stamp your passport when you cross the border.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I didn't know they didn't stamp your passport when you cross the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I don't think it matters to much with Mexico and Canada. It only matters that you have a valid passport. If you need a stamp from those places to give yourself travel credibility, you need to travel more...

Outside of North America, I've always gotten a stamp. Although, I hear that if you go to Cuba (via Mexico or Canada) they won't stamp your passport because the US makes things difficult upon return. However that may be outdated information.
    So how easy is it to get to Cuba from Mexico or Canada? Been on my bucket list for awhile
    Firefighters find them hot, leave them wet

Re: I didn't know they didn't stamp your passport when you cross the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparker View Post
    So how easy is it to get to Cuba from Mexico or Canada? Been on my bucket list for awhile
    I've never gone, so I can't say for sure. But to my understanding, all you have to do is buy two plane tickets (each way). One to Toronto or Mexico City, and then a completely seperate flight to Havana, Cuba. When you arrive, most times they'll put a little piece of paper in your passport and stamp that (instead of the passport itself). All you have to do is hang on to that little piece of paper.

I'm not sure what kind of trouble you get in trying to get back to the states if you have a Cuba stamp? As I said, I've never gone, and I heard this info awhile ago, so there may be more updated travel info that I'm not aware of. I think it's easier to get there these days, but I'm not sure if any US based airlines fly there.