Thread: Dirk ~ Florida Hondas for you

Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Thu May 24th, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Re: Dirk ~ Florida Hondas for you

Dirk loan me the money, I will pay you $4.00 a day for 23 years and 105 days. I will even throw in a extra 4 bucks (monopoly bucks) for your hassle!!!

Opps I think I did that wrong, think it comes out to just under 48 years

*shakes piggy bank* ... nope, not today.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Finally, something in Miami that I like. Hmmm... I'm in negotiations with CU to teach a course there. Maybe we need to bump the salary up a little bit...

Jay, it sounds like you need to be the head of a big bank.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

This guy had the bikes at $100k, then a couple of weeks later for $75k

Hold out for at least $55K

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Ummm....are you looking for a new bike Siobhan???

I am out of the loop. Are those bikes really worth that kind of money, or is he just smoking something? Also, I figure if you are going to advertise two bikes at $69K, the least you can do is use whole words and spell the ones you use correctly.

I love Miami. I think the thing I like the most about it is how close it is to the United States - and you almost never need to show your passport when you travel there.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    I am out of the loop. Are those bikes really worth that kind of money, or is he just smoking something?
    If they are as clean as he is saying, I would say something in the vicinity of $35-40K for the RC45 and $20-25K for the RC30.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Filo View Post
    I love Miami. I think the thing I like the most about it is how close it is to the United States - and you almost never need to show your passport when you travel there.
    Hahahaa, true true, it's definitely a melting pot. As opposed to Colorado, where if you aren't white, you have to show your passport at the border.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Ummm....are you looking for a new bike Siobhan???
    Luckily, the interwebZ keep it surreal for me.

I stay away from local shops as much as possible

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Bump... just in time for xmas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-HO...ht_14070wt_882

Wonder what the reserve is... When I win Powerball this week.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

What a pretty bike. Laredo Texas...
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Bump... just in time for xmas.

One of the timeless beauties in motorcycle history...

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    I'm in negotiations with CU
    I thought that football coaching position was rumored to pay well?

I just got my boy his first Honda. At 17months old, I thought he was ready.

New in the crate:

1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Dirk could do no worse than 4-21. Hell, I could do no worse than 4-21. I'll only charge them $400k for two years, and take my $1.5 mil firing bonus.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    I thought that football coaching position was rumored to pay well?
    I have to say that they did coach Embree wrong big time. He deserved at least one more year to get things going. He really only had one full recruiting season and I don't see how you expect a guy to turn around a moribund program in that amount of time, especially when you've also made a jump into a much more competitive conference. I hope he goes somewhere and wins a national championship. I hope CU doesn't fall into the trap of hiring big name guys and dumping them every two years. That's a sure way to destroy any good athlete's desire to come to your school.

--Thomas Jefferson

I have to say that they did coach Embree wrong big time. He deserved at least one more year to get things going. He really only had one full recruiting season and I don't see how you expect a guy to turn around a moribund program in that amount of time, especially when you've also made a jump into a much more competitive conference. I hope he goes somewhere and wins a national championship. I hope CU doesn't fall into the trap of hiring big name guys and dumping them every two years. That's a sure way to destroy any good athlete's desire to come to your school.
    Looked to me like someone else thought he might be on thinning ice and tried throwing Embree under the bus

Not usually prone to buying into the race card... however, SVP & Rusillo on ESPN radio were showing how in 40+ years, not a single black coach has ever been given a second opportunity in college coaching.
    Last edited by TinkerinWstuff; Thu Nov 29th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Looked to me like someone else thought he might be on thinning ice and tried throwing Embree under the bus
    Well, I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to have a winning program, especially from athletic donors who fund most of the program. I want to see CU football succeed over the long term and that takes sticking with a good coach long enough to truly evaluate what he can do. I always said I thought coach Embree had them on the right track, and I still believe he did.

Not usually prone to buying into the race card... however, SVP & Rusillo on ESPN radio were showing how in 40+ years, not a single black coach has ever been given a second opportunity in college coaching.
    I sincerely hope that race wasn't an issue in this case, and I don't see any reason to believe it was, but these things can be very subtle sometimes.

--Thomas Jefferson

I sincerely hope that race wasn't an issue in this case, and I don't see any reason to believe it was, but these things can be very subtle sometimes.
    I'm not sure that anyone was suggesting as much. Only that statistically, there has NEVER been a second chance for coaches who are black and fired. So to your comment hoping that he goes on to win big.... maybe don't start holding your breath just yet.

Best wishes to him. I don't follow the program very close at all but he really seemed like a stand up guy.

Come on Dirk, time for you to move up from High School

1999 DR650SE

Come on Dirk, time for you to move up from High School
    I would love to even coach high school. I coach 8th graders and it is the prefect fit for my schedule. High school would require more time than I have right now. But I would love to coach at that level some day. And it's not so much the game itself, although I do very much enjoy it, it's the use of the game to mold young men into great men. That to me is the most satisfying part of coaching by far- to reach a young man on a destructive path and to get him to look in a different direction with his life. To have a young man shake your hand and thank you for helping him do that, years after you coached him, is truly priceless.

--Thomas Jefferson

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

When your donor base threatens to pull hundreds of millions (read a whole bunch of bucks) of dollahs from the program, at that point, they call the shots. Don't ask me how I know ---- I just do.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Back on topic...Honda owners have too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    When your donor base threatens to pull hundreds of millions (read a whole bunch of bucks) of dollahs from the program, at that point, they call the shots. Don't ask me how I know ---- I just do.
    Yep, hence my comment:

Well, I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to have a winning program, especially from athletic donors who fund most of the program.
    I'm just sorry that a good coach and good man was a victim of that. I hope CU can get back on track, and part of that is for these donors to understand that it's going to take some time to get the program competitive again.

--Thomas Jefferson