Thread: Damn! Audi and ZX-10 on Autobahn.

Damn! Audi and ZX-10 on Autobahn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY1eMpJT710

Is that a fricken wagon?????
    2006 R1 "Raven"

Gold Member

Re: Damn! Audi and ZX-10 on Autobahn.

Now that's how you ride to work. Lol

a 710hp avant not your typical Audi
    No tickets YET this year *Knock on wood*

07 Audi S4 DTM
    06 CBR 1000rr

Quote Originally Posted by AOK303 View Post
    a 710hp avant not your typical Audi
    Gotta love Europe dude, no power restrictions. Those Avant wagons are pretty insane, same with the MB E63 AMG Wagon, just one bad ass grocery getter!

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    Gotta love Europe dude, no power restrictions. Those Avant wagons are pretty insane, same with the MB E63 AMG Wagon, just one bad ass grocery getter!
    We get fffffucked in the states when it comes to cars

31 miles in under 15 minutes
    Mo-Door.com - Contact me for CSC pricing

Mo-Door on: Twitter Facebook

Badass Audi! That biker needs to gear/sprocket his rig up a bit so he isn't banging redline for so long at those speeds. That motor is screamin'!
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

And people wonder why I want an S4 Avant.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    We get fffffucked in the states when it comes to cars

31 miles in under 15 minutes
    Yes, yes we do and it sucks lol... I would love to go to work on commutes like this daily haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    Badass Audi! That biker needs to gear/sprocket his rig up a bit so he isn't banging redline for so long at those speeds. That motor is screamin'!
    No matter what he does, it won't win.... it's a kawi

I've seen several vids of this Kawi guy trying to catch cars on the Autobahn.
    Sadly, he's always in their rear view, banging off 6th gear redline, and embarrassing himself and sportbikers the world over

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    No matter what he does, it won't win.... it's a kawi.
    My R1 barely beat out a ZX-10 when I was shopping, and that's only because it was the first best low-miles good deal between the two, heh.
    Last edited by Ghosty; Fri Jan 25th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
    '08 Yamaha R1 (black), mostly stock. Past bikes: '98 VFR-800 (red), '01 CBR-929RR (white/red), '05 Yamaha R6 (white), '08 Yamaha R1 (blue).
    '94 Supra Turbo 6spd. (black), BUILT motor/head, CompTurbo CT43-xx, '69 Dodge Coronet SuperBee tribute, 440/520 SixPack stroker, auto.

I liked the last comment in the video post:

You thought that a litre bike is faster than almost every car?
    A liter bike IS faster than ALMOST every car, that was just one of the few that can beat it. Here in the USA maybe .1% of cars on the road can outrun the bike, even in Germany I would be surprised if more than 5 - 10% of the cars on the road are that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Here in the USA maybe .1% of cars on the road can outrun the bike, even in Germany I would be surprised if more than 5 - 10% of the cars on the road are that fast.
    Up here in the rockies, any forced-induction cars have a nice advantage on all the normally-aspirated bikes. Not saying they'll win, but you'd be surprised how well a moderately modded DSM, WRX, Evo, etc. will do against bikes UP HERE in the thin air, while our bikes choke. Down at sea-level of course is a different story, like you said. Not sure what altitude the Autobahn is at.

What are you guys talking about that the US gets fucked on cars. There's plenty of cars in the US that can dust a bikes top speed
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

My R1 barely beat out a ZX-10 when I was shopping, and that's only because it was the first best low-miles good deal between the two, heh.
    My stock 07 R1 kept up with all new zx10r's and beat a few as well, maybe the guys can't ride well but I know a few of those guys weren't much heavier than I am and they can ride better than I can. Those bikes are not all that the media makes them out to be. I will personally never own a Kawi to be honest with you.

Up here in the rockies, any forced-induction cars have a nice advantage on all the normally-aspirated bikes. Not saying they'll win, but you'd be surprised how well a moderately modded DSM, WRX, Evo, etc. will do against bikes UP HERE in the thin air, while our bikes choke. Down at sea-level of course is a different story, like you said. Not sure what altitude the Autobahn is at.
    Altitude kills us for sure haha, I remember when I took my K7 gixxer to arizona and houston and holy crap that thing pulled really nice lol but got back here and I was like fak! lol

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    What are you guys talking about that the US gets fucked on cars. There's plenty of cars in the US that can dust a bikes top speed
    About 95% of those cars that can are modded, high powered off the showroom cars that cost way more than the avant could maybe do that. Those avants are fast as hell stock here and in Europe there are no factory restrictions for power and emissions in some cases so I bet the cars there can beat a lot of the bikes given that also cars are more aerodynamical than bikes at top end (correct me if I'm wrong on that last part).

This: BMWs and Mercs move over for Audis on the autobahn.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by kawasakirob View Post
    The top-end yes.

aerodynamically it doesnt take much of a car to be on par or best a bike at those kinds of speeds with that kind of room. getting there is a different story though for most cars. the rs6 avant is something special no doubt. im glad he can drive safely at those speeds, super light on the brakes to signal slight slowing, turn signal, et cetera.

a local family i know regularly goes to germany and ships cars out there to race and drive and apparently their renntech stage3+ S65 amg is unbeaten on the autobahn and theyve seen 200mph gps verified before chickening out.

That is insane. If I ever catch myself going that fast, I am going to change my pants, then kick my ass and put me in timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY1eMpJT710

Is that a fricken wagon?????
    cant let the groceries thaw out dude
    too swift on my toes to get caught up wit chyou hoes

going fast for a long period of time- no thanks
    getting there quick-yes plz