Quote Originally Posted by sky_blue View Post
A mentor should critique your fundamentals, things like lane positioning, body positioning, looking through a corner, using the apex, riding the pace -- but these are all with an emphasis on anticipation, and giving you tools to survive your mistakes. A mentor's goal will not be to make you a track-star in the mountains. Want to learn to drag knee? Go to a trackday.
I couldn't have said it any better. The idea is to help you with fundamental things that will help you become a better rider. These things might very well make you faster, but that is not the point. If your primary goal is to go faster, then you need to be doing work with someone on the track and there are several ways to do that around here (e.g. with Chicane, the MRA school, Ricky Orlando, Go 4 It, Jason Pridmore, etc.). The very first thing I will ask you to do is leave your ego behind, so if that is what drives your desire to ride, this is not the thing for you.

Jim makes a good point about the ARC and I will offer nothing but encouragement for taking it. It is a bargain. But my offer to pay is for newer and less experienced riders who fit in between the target audiences for the BRC and the ARC. If you still want to ride with me, the ARC is fine but don't blame me if you get bored. I'm basically requiring the BRC as an assurance that you have at least the basics down.

Thank you all for your offers to help, especially being willing to help new riders who need it to cover the cost of the BRC. It is that sort of spirit that I knew was there and ready to be tapped into.

For those who haven't taken the BRC, you can get the details on the ABATE site:

http://abate.si2.com/ABATE/TRS.nsf/L...s-BRC?OpenForm

Now, are there any riders here who have already taken the BRC and want to get some riding time with feedback? If so, I'll start planning.

Dirk