Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
To be fair, that's probably because someone needed a half-block to get up into a block-long wheelie.
Now that you mention it...

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
Such a great time that we have and the kids love the bikes, why limit the only biker group they have? Oh yes don't limit those big as semi trucks and what not. Plus even in split groups it's still the same amount of bikes, what an idiotic thing to do. I'll still ride it cause it's fun as hell if I can find a bike. Bee having a blast these past 4 years.
The only motorcycle group they have?!? They have an award for Best Motorcycle Entry... in the 12 years we've been participating in the parade, we've only ever won it twice. Just because you don't see any other motorcycles in the staging area, doesn't mean there aren't any - it's a big staging area... trust me, we are definitely not the only motorcycle group! And the new rule applies to any entry comprised entirely of motorized vehicles (think car clubs & motorcycles). Semi's don't fall into that category because it's not about the semi, it's about the float the semi is pulling, and each float is a separate entry. And finally, it's not about reducing the number of vehicles - it's about mixing things up more, so the spectators feel like their seeing more variety. Think of it this way - if you had to watch 3 hours worth of television commercials, and you had to watch each commercial 10 times, would you rather watch each commercial 10 times in a row, or mix them up so no 2 commercials in a row are the same?