I've found they are about same protection as textile...not good enough for me....I will always use leather now.

I can already see them bunching up and that is not something leather will do if properly fit....meaning tight! So basically when they bunch up like that, you are going to get rash still most likely.

Sorry not trying to bag on your purchase, just people should know these protections are nowhere as good as leather so don't get too much confidence with them! This is why you see most people still in uncomfortable leather even on street rides....

Mythbusters did a piece on them http://www.superstreetbike.com/how-t...sh-mythbusters

Myth: Busted
Each crash is different and it’s impossible to plan for everything so as our parents used to say, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” From our testing, we found that an everyday pair of denim pants, when dragged on smooth asphalt at a low speed, won’t rip into shreds immediately but will rip faster than a bong on 420 when met with gravel, rocks or road debris. The Draykos saw similar wear to the Levis in the first drag test but left the rocks in much better shape—where the denim ripped, the underlying protective lining stayed strong. At riding speed, jagged edges rip denim in the blink of an eye but knitted Kevlar and Dyneema fabrics withstand much higher levels of abrasion and don’t tear or blow out as easily. We didn’t test at speeds greater than 35 MPH so imagine what would happen at 80 MPH. What’s guaranteed in every crash is that your legs will hit the deck so shouldn’t they be protected? Riding jeans might cost you an extra $100 dollars over what’s already in the closet but that’s a fair trade to limping around with serious leg road rash if things go wrong.