Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
2013 5dr. I just decided that I wanted a AWD Sports car to replace the Volvo and the WRX fit all the reqs. Parts were stupid expensive on my S60 and it always needed something. Considered a STI, but felt as a DD, the WRX was better fit, as well as I wasn't interested in electronically adjustable suspension, the Volvo had it and made all suspension work more expensive. I do wish I had more room, but I survive.

I heard similar things about the summer tires during winter so just accounted for buying a winter set on day 1.
Nice, we probably have very similar cars then since not much changed from 2013 to 2014; I just have the sedan. I did get the Limited because I wanted HID headlights and a sunroof; just two things I hate to be without nowadays. It also came with the STI shifter and exhaust so that was a nice touch because I have always modded my cars, but am planning to not really do this to the WRX. Same with you I considered the STI, but I felt I was a bit too old at 36 to have a giant spoiler and all the bells and whistles that come with it. Then I read the WRX is actually faster than a stock STI in a 1/4 mile because of the 5 speed vs 6 speed and that kind of sold me; plus was nice to save some cash. I love this car and by far the best and most fun car I have ever owned.

The summer tire issue was scary. I had heard how great these cars were in snow so that first snowfall I tried to stop and slid straight though and my car went sideways about to slam the curb. I was shitting because the car had like 25 miles on it. Somehow the AWD kicked in and still saved me even though I was on frozen summer tires; inches from hitting the curb. I got to work and told my friend and he was like "I bet they did the same thing to you as me and gave you high performance summer tires". We walk out and sure enough they had; awesome since they gave me a season pass to Winter Park, but never mentioned the tires.

I do like the Rota wheels I got. Ever heard of those? They are basically cheaper versions of fully forged Volk rims that costs a lot. For the price these were way cheaper and still quite a bit lighter than the stock rims; which are nice rims on the WRX anyways. For once in my life I stayed with 17's and now am happy I did; much better than the 19's I used to get that were basically just for looks. Some people hate Rota wheels, and some love them...so far they have been great for me http://www.rotawheels.com/