Thread: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Yes, sometimes they ARE out to kill you.....

What's even more funny about all of this (at least to my observation anyway), is that I have a sneaky feeling that guys like Monkey and his ilk tend to be outraged over things like this when they feel personally connected to it, but not under circumstances where they have no personal empathy or allegiance.

It's like in a case like this, their passion and frustration is so great, and the perceived injustice and anger that they feel towards the person who performed the assault is so strong and unflappable, even though the quote/unquote "victim" maybe made decisions to help put themselves into the situation. The affiliation of being a fellow "rider" makes it so undeniably "personal" to how they form their opinion.

Yet when a person from (perhaps say....) the inner city is shot and killed (often by cops no less!) and some camera footage shows them shoplifting, or stealing a car, or doing/selling drugs, or breaking a noise ordinance with their car stereo, or some other minimally impactful "illegal act", the response is always the same: Deserved it. The guy was a thug.

Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Oct 20th, 2015 at 02:35 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson