Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
I honestly didn't watch any of the season or previous seasons to know what you're referring to but have overheard the turmoil online and MB did seem like they're dirty from what you're saying and I have overheard others talk about it. Nice to see someone else win for a change honestly and guess we'll see which way the sport goes moving forward as I'm sure some more absurd rules and regulations are on the way
I've always kept up with Formula 1. I was into Formula 1 racing way before I got into MotoGP or even threw a leg over a bike. I remember when Senna died, I was just 13. I remember Shumacher battling with Mika Hakkinen for the championship. I got into Formula 1 in the very early 90's as a young kid, I was also into NASCAR back then too. If it was car racing, I was into it for the most part. I didn't get into MotoGP or motorcycle racing until late in my teens. I remember watching Criville in '99 win his championship. Wasn't long after that, I was introduced to a young rider named Rossi. Didn't really get into bike racing until 2001-2002, when Rossi won with the RC211V. By 2004, I was hooked as a fan and cheered him on when he switched to Yamaha.

But as for Formula 1, there is no denying it is the pinnacle of motorsports. It has given us some legendary battles and legendary drivers for sure.

I'm like you, I just wish they could leave out the politics from the racing. I also think the move to 1.6L Turbo V6's was a dumb move, everyone knew Formula 1 was screaming engines, not these choked off wheezing turbo cars. Granted the last couple years the manufactures have managed to uncork them a bit and they do sound way better than in 2014. But they are no where near the V8, or even the pure sex sound of the old V10's!!

And yeah, I hate Mercedes. I think they are the dirtiest team in F1 and I'll never change that opinion. I don't really have anything against Hamilton. I think he's a good driver and talented, he seems nice and genuine. But does whine a lot and doesn't like to actually dog fight. Just prefers to blow past everyone, I think he's gotten used to being the fastest because of his car and nothing else. Put it this way, when you're lapping everyone but your teammate in the past, then yeah you've got a way OP car. And some of those championship crowns he has sound have an asterisk next to them in the history books. If they think Verstappen's 1st title is marred and needs and asterisk, then I must say, a few of Hamilton's crowns for sure need an asterisk next to them.

Look how ass-hurt he got in 2016 when he lost to his teammate Nico Rosberg. Hamilton doesn't like to lose and he really doesn't like competition. I get it, he really just wants to be the top dog with no challengers. Problem is, you ain't really top dog unless you have some competition to compare against. You're remembered more for the adversity you faced and the challengers that opposed you, more than just the championships you win. That's the ultimate test to a champions mettle, is whom they actually won against.

What really turns me off from Hamilton is his SJW nonsense. We get it man, you think you're oppressed. Although, I can't really see how a black/british 7 time F1 champion is oppressed but I guess he's got to whine about something. The only thing I like about Hamilton is that little blonde woman that follows him around as his assistant. She could cheer me up on a bad day.