Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Re: 23' MotoGP/WSBK/MotoAmerica discussion thread **SPOILER ALERT**

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    What's crazy is now Honda are appealing the ruling on Marquez. They are saying the double long lap penalty was to be imposed at Argentina, well now he's out with an injury. So the FIM said due to injury he will fulfill the penalty at his next race he attends(which is the correct thing). Honda seem to think that since he got injured and he's out that means he shouldn't have to serve the penalty.

In my opinion, I agree with Aleix Espargaro. Marquez deserves a minimum of a one race ban. Personally, I'd like to see a multi race ban for him.

I never had much respect for Marquez before, but after hearing in his own words how he treated Dani Pedrosa. I've got no use for the guy at all.
    I am just finding out today about the double long lap penalty. Ridiculous!!. At least a 2 race ban should have been the minimum. The reckless behaviour is very clear in this incident, and in addition his history of pulling stunts like this one.

Even more surprising to me is that HRC is appealing when the penalty should be served. Balls !

We all have heard the rumours of how Dani was treated, but i did not realize Marquez has said it himself. I'd love to see that . Probably time for Marquez to retire before he hurts someone worse that he already has over the years (including himself)

What's crazy is now Honda are appealing the ruling on Marquez. They are saying the double long lap penalty was to be imposed at Argentina, well now he's out with an injury. So the FIM said due to injury he will fulfill the penalty at his next race he attends(which is the correct thing). Honda seem to think that since he got injured and he's out that means he shouldn't have to serve the penalty.

In my opinion, I agree with Aleix Espargaro. Marquez deserves a minimum of a one race ban. Personally, I'd like to see a multi race ban for him.

And before folks get all in a rage and say it was a racing incident. Remember, Marquez has been doing this kind of asinine nonsense for a good 10 years. It's not Marc's first time pulling a stunt like this. It's different when it's a rare occurrence for a rider. With Marquez, these kinds of incidents always follow him. The guy is a menace on the track.

Marquez' problem is he doesn't like being beaten. Well, I've got news for him, he's now where Rossi was at 10 years ago. This new bunch of young maniacs don't give a damn who Marquez thinks he is, they are going to push him around and rattle his doors.

Thing is, I'm all for these new riders kicking Marquez while he's down. He did the same thing to other riders when he arrived, now it's his turn. Looks like 2015 is coming back to haunt him.

I'm all for at least a one race ban and I'd prefer to see a multi race ban. If I were in charge, I'd break him off until at least Jerez. Just to ram home the concept that he needs tighten his riding up and stop riding like a dick. And to show how committed I would be to having him retool his thinking, the moment he trades paint with someone, I'd black flag his ass. Until he gets the point that 20+ other riders can ride around the track and not slam into others on a continual basis, and he can learn how to ride normal as well.

I never had much respect for Marquez before, but after hearing in his own words how he treated Dani Pedrosa. I've got no use for the guy at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I am just finding out today about the double long lap penalty. Ridiculous!!. At least a 2 race ban should have been the minimum. The reckless behaviour is very clear in this incident, and in addition his history of pulling stunts like this one.

Even more surprising to me is that HRC is appealing when the penalty should be served. Balls !

We all have heard the rumours of how Dani was treated, but i did not realize Marquez has said it himself. I'd love to see that . Probably time for Marquez to retire before he hurts someone worse that he already has over the years (including himself)

While I never denied MM's talent but there is no denying that he's one reckless rider, showed it in moto3, specially moto2 and now this (of course also during that bullshit in 2015 when him and his bitch ass manager stuck their fucking nose where they shouldn't have as they had NO BUSINESS affecting the outcome of that championship) and you'd think that he would learn by now but this is what happens when you allow certain riders/people to run rampant and without repercussion. HRC is fucking crazy by even having the nerve to appeal that decision, it's like they think they're above the law. Dude even Vietti served a long lap that carried from last season, why would MM's case be any different, HRC is out of their damn rocker and their corporate "win at all costs" mentality is carrying into their riders and is making them all look like dick (No wonder Rossi left). This won't end well at all, I sure wouldn't want to be riding around that dipshit on the track knowing it became a video game to him, what is happening with this situation is beyond ridiculous. I feel bad for Rins and Mir but specially for Rins, those two are in for a shitty time at HRC. I have a feeling that the penalty is going to get dropped and they'll deem the round missed "punishment enough", oh just watch
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

Aprilia looking strong this weekend already, very nice to see. Damn shame to not see what Oliveira could have done since he seems to have gelled with that Ape rather quickly, wouldn't doubt it if he was up there top 5 today.... Crazy seeing Morbidelli ahead of Quartararo, Yamaha are tanking and quickly, they keep trying to do things with that relic that can't be done any longer, the Italian manufacturers have left them behind. Best thing that could have happened to Maverick was leave Yamaha. Japanese brands are falling back drastically, seems the age of Italian domination has commenced. With MM being out I don't foresee any carnage and even with the shitty grip of today as the track hasn't had any use since last July, most managed to stay upright so that's a huge plus.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

I won't venture into saying anything any longer on possible results, this shit is absolutely bonkers and just literally impossible to predict. How did Binder came from the back of the pack to win that sprint race is beyond me. Freaking Franky as well with a stellar 4th place and fought at the front for most of it surprisingly given how bad he's been as of late so hope this is a confidence booster and they can carry that into tomorrow although judging from the short race, I don't foresee Yamaha making noise tomorrow on full distance. Aprilia fell on their face today surprisingly, was thinking they'd be the ones fighting for the win(s). These SPR's are some Moto3 action for sure, goddamn that was insane. I'm wondering if we are starting to see a possible early exit for FQ from Yamaha similar to what happened to MV, have not seen FQ this mad and frustrated since 19'. Sort of related but isn't, I am not a fan of this new music and shit, kind of whack honestly

Also notable to add that the top speed findings by Yamaha definitely showed in this race, the spaceships were having a much harder time getting by Franky and him being a demon on the brakes made it even that much more difficult. Hope they can find answers in the other areas they're now struggling in, crazy that they had to trade 10 things just to gain a few kmh...
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Apr 1st, 2023 at 03:47 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

What a masterpiece by Bezecchi today, goddamn if that kid is on it this year and making the Doctor proud. The chemistry in that garage and that team is just amazing, you can just see it, no corporate bullshit, just nothing but passion for the job. Another great outing by Franky, glad to see him smile again and just hope these results are here to stay. Gotta note the comeback by Zarco, that dude was on rails at the end there! Hopefully this mistake by Pecco won't be a sign of crumbling under not only the #1 plate but corporate pressure with all these great riders hounding for a factory ride and plenty at Ducati at the moment. What a bust for Aprilia unfortunately after a strong start to the weekend, the rain conditions definitely did not help them at all and saw there at the end that Aleix was having visibility issues with his helmet. What gets me is that he's been in the paddock for how long and he's still wearing those low brand lids that nobody else seems to want to wear (wonder why ), honestly what a dumbass issue to have.

Onto COTA in two weeks time, that race should be insane with Yamaha now having few more ponies and hopefully it will be a straight up shootout! Few of us CSC'ers will be there, if you're attending and want to link up for hangout don't hesitate to post up!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    What a masterpiece by Bezecchi today, goddamn if that kid is on it this year and making the Doctor proud. The chemistry in that garage and that team is just amazing, you can just see it, no corporate bullshit, just nothing but passion for the job. Another great outing by Franky, glad to see him smile again and just hope these results are here to stay. Gotta note the comeback by Zarco, that dude was on rails at the end there! Hopefully this mistake by Pecco won't be a sign of crumbling under not only the #1 plate but corporate pressure with all these great riders hounding for a factory ride and plenty at Ducati at the moment. What a bust for Aprilia unfortunately after a strong start to the weekend, the rain conditions definitely did not help them at all and saw there at the end that Aleix was having visibility issues with his helmet. What gets me is that he's been in the paddock for how long and he's still wearing those low brand lids that nobody else seems to want to wear (wonder why ), honestly what a dumbass issue to have.

Onto COTA in two weeks time, that race should be insane with Yamaha now having few more ponies and hopefully it will be a straight up shootout! Few of us CSC'ers will be there, if you're attending and want to link up for hangout don't hesitate to post up!
    I thought both races were good. Can only watch the main GP on cable but I was able to find the sprint race on YouTube. Was a good race and turned out better than expected. Cool to see Binder back up there again. Morbidelli also found some speed finally!!

I'd really like to see Frankie do well this year and beat Fabio. I think it would do his confidence a lot of good and possibly make it to where he's more desirable with other teams. I think he should leave Yamaha, I think FQ should as well but him beating FQ would be good to see, considering how bad his last two years have been.

I think Bagnaia's mistake was just that. He did well in the sprint race and dominated in the season opener. So it was just a mistake in the wet. If he starts to have more and more of these, then yes I'd say he's got some pressure issues. But the thing is, with so many points on offer this season, it is really anybody's championship. You can make up points in the main race and sprints. There are a total of 777 points on offer if someone were to win every race and sprint. So man, that's a lot of ways to make up for a bad result. I think if Pecco can focus on winning as many GP's as possible and then see what he can do in the Sprints, he will be just fine this year. Everyone else will have to catch him.

Lastly, super happy for Bez!! Wet weather beast and he showed how good he is. Everyone always says that the rain is the great equalizer but remember. It also adds lots of stress because of low grip. So while it equals out the talent, it raises the stress level. He dealt with it well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Marquez to win and overturn double long lap penalty...

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...lumsiness-rule
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Marquez to win and overturn double long lap penalty...

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...lumsiness-rule
    Color me shocked I'm sure any other rider would have to serve this. Missing a race because of injury due to your own negligence doesn't mean you're now exempt from the penalty assessed due to said action because it was never served. He's Dorna's new golden boy now that Rossi is gone so they'll suck his sack from here to Jerusalem and back... doesn't surprise me at all and actually expected this to happen. This dude is going to continue going kamikaze and just hope he doesn't kill anyone
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Color me shocked I'm sure any other rider would have to serve this. Missing a race because of injury due to your own negligence doesn't mean you're now exempt from the penalty assessed due to said action because it was never served. He's Dorna's new golden boy now that Rossi is gone so they'll suck his sack from here to Jerusalem and back... doesn't surprise me at all and actually expected this to happen. This dude is going to continue going kamikaze and just hope he doesn't kill anyone
    What I think will eventually happen is he is going to have a career ending crash. He's pushing too much and trying to get the bike's performance where he wants it. Problem is, it's not the same Honda he rode in the past. Let's just hope he doesn't take someone out in the process.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

What I think will eventually happen is he is going to have a career ending crash. He's pushing too much and trying to get the bike's performance where he wants it. Problem is, it's not the same Honda he rode in the past. Let's just hope he doesn't take someone out in the process.
    Well at least one more round in which the riders can be in peace and not be worried about being taken out since Marquez won't be at COTA. Glad to see that Oliveira did make the trip though and hope he can hold on and make it through the weekend. Looks like Toprak did some testing for Yamaha at Jerez and put a lap in the 1:38's which is rather impressive for someone who hasn't had much time behind a GP machine.

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/...ha-s-m1/452216
    Last edited by madvlad; Sat Apr 15th, 2023 at 06:45 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

A great race weekend here at COTA, wish I could do a groundhog day for this weekend cause it has been amazing. I'll touch base with some pictures and my usual race rambling stuff on Monday
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Week late to the party haha but well, hell of a round at COTA. Met a lot of riders and independent business owners and among other great two wheel friends at the paddock that hooked us up, it was an amazing weekend honestly. Highlight of the weekend had to be, the owner of 64 degree racing who is an Aussie out of CO, got to meet Jack Miller at his box and gave him a 64 degree racing straw hat, which jack gladly accepted. Jack is just a pure class act and just can't hate that dude, he's just rad as hell, got to also speak a bit with Brad Binder while we were in that area as well, had talked with him, his brother and Cam Petersen during the MotoAmerica/MotoGP support round a few years ago as we were pitted right next to Danny Walker when one of our local CO racers did the race that weekend and oddly enough he remembered us and mentioned it when I took a picture with him outside his hospitality tent. Bumped across some MRA members while walking around the vendor areas and what not, can't wait for next year!.

Now to the racing aspect:

MotoGP- Rins just doesn't cease to amaze and squeezed a hell of a result on a crap bike, I am honestly thinking that HRC is probably wondering why they didn't go with him instead of Mir for the factory seat. I foresee Rins getting some more great results although hard fought this season with that pig of a bike. Mir and Nakagami are nowhere to be seen or found, I am honestly surprised that they didn't give one of the Moto2 asian riders a crack at Nakagami's seat, which I am sure this upcoming season, it may be happening.

As for factory Ducati, incredible that Pecco lost that race over just going slightly left on the race line at T2, which cost other riders all weekend there as well across the classes. Yet another great result for the VR46 Mooney team after a sort of complicated start to the weekend but they managed to stay upright and make the push to keep the championship fight going.

Although a complicated weekend for Yamaha but decent result for Fabio considering the situation, he of course wasn't shy of projecting his frustrations. Morbidelli is still sort of on the mental ropes honestly even after the great results in Argentina. We were sitting at the hero walk area waiting for autographs and such and you could tell he didn't give two fucks about being there and is just checked out, more so now with the rumors of either Jorge Martin or Toprak taking his seat and even some media members said the same thing, that he was very vague and brief during his interviews, that knee injury and jump to the factory seat really did him in unfortunately and doesn't seem like he will bounce back from it, who knows if he will end up without a seat altogether as things in WSBK don't seem to much better as Ducati is literally obliterating everyone right now there on both classes.

Aprilia showed some fight but losing Aleix early cost them dearly although MV managed a very decent result as well with Oliveira which I was happy as hell to see back and he managed a hell of a ride for the weekend, we will definitely see him win soon enough and I foresee him taking Aleix seat at this rate.

KTM started out great during the race, hell of a push from both Binder and Miller but apparently a front tire pressure blunder did them in and cost them both to loose the front end in very weird ways. Would have been cool as hell to see Miller podium without a doubt but well the fight continues at Jerez. Do have to note the great result by Augusto Fernandez for the GASGAS team, he pushed and delivered on a very complicated track.

Now onto Pramac, this team honestly has me flabbergasted. Martin literally crashed in front of us at T3 about 4 times during the whole weekend and during the race he took out A.M during the opening lap. Martin, while a great talent but man he just can't find consistency and wonders why he wasn't chosen for the factory seat. He is now being rumored to exit Pramac for Yamaha next year but honestly don't see how that could be a good move. Both him and Zarco show such great pace and potential but when it comes time to deliver, they just don't seem to deliver when it matters.

WSBK -

Back at Assen after nearly 2 months off (that's insane, it's like another winter break ). Bautista back at his usual domination, no other manufacturers have any answers for Ducati at this time and it is all his to lose. Rae lost the bike during race two this afternoon since he has to be beyond the limit to try and just stay with Bautista and even Toprak only stayed there for a very short time and then Bautista was off and all on his own to establish his metronomic pace. The rider to note this weekend is Dominique Aegerter with his best race finish this season of 4th position and best independent rider as well in race 2, he finished 6th yesterday. Both him and Bassani had a bit of a 2015 Marquez vs Rossi moment (although not as dramatic) but race direction deemed that Aegerter had position coming into the last corner as Bassani left the door open and layed into Aegerter and ran wide to try and use it as an excuse to keep position. He was deemed to exceed track limits and he had to drop 1 position surrendering 4th to Aegerter. Incredible seeing Baz back at it after that gnarly ass injury at Mandalika, although he crashed during race 2 and thankfully walked away without further injuries, that dude is a trooper! Michael VanDemarc had an insane highside and had to be stretchered off, looks like his leg took another big beating as he was flopping in the air and came down hard, a very unfortunate row of injuries and hard high sides for him lately, I'm sure his wife is about to divorce his ass if that keeps going. Truly sucks seeing Gerloff in such a dark place mentally, that shine that dude has is all gone and to see him fighting for barely any points now is just sad to see. Unfortunately I foresee him making a come back to MotoAmerica next season as his contract is only for one year with Bonovo and you can see his drive in WSBK is just depleted. That incident at Assen last year did him in hard and then also the fact that he passed Toprak at one of the races and the Yamaha boss wasn't a bit happy about that and that's just about what put the nail in his WSBK career coffin. Such a shame cause that dude showed pure brilliance in his first season but well unfortunately only European riders get benefited, American riders don't get true support overseas and bullshit politics claim yet another victim.

MotoAmerica -

Road Atlanta round yesterday underway and Cameron Baubier made a hell of a "I'm back" statement with his new BMW team and taking the win from Jake Gagne, who although didn't lose by much but couldn't pull it back followed by Josh Herrin in 3rd and his first podium on the new V4R. I'm sure the outing in Moto2 made Cameron even a stronger rider and Gagne will have his work cut out for him, it's going to be a hell of a season. We will see what race 2 today holds and if Gagne or any of the other top riders can answer to Cameron's strong statemement.

Well that is all for my rambling news that maybe only 2 people read have a great rest of your weekend!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Week late to the party haha but well, hell of a round at COTA. Met a lot of riders and independent business owners and among other great two wheel friends at the paddock that hooked us up, it was an amazing weekend honestly. Highlight of the weekend had to be, the owner of 64 degree racing who is an Aussie out of CO, got to meet Jack Miller at his box and gave him a 64 degree racing straw hat, which jack gladly accepted. Jack is just a pure class act and just can't hate that dude, he's just rad as hell, got to also speak a bit with Brad Binder while we were in that area as well, had talked with him, his brother and Cam Petersen during the MotoAmerica/MotoGP support round a few years ago as we were pitted right next to Danny Walker when one of our local CO racers did the race that weekend and oddly enough he remembered us and mentioned it when I took a picture with him outside his hospitality tent. Bumped across some MRA members while walking around the vendor areas and what not, can't wait for next year!.
    That's awesome and sounds like a great weekend there in COTA. Miller is a good guy, he's got a personality and seems down to earth. I didn't agree with him coming from Moto3 to MotoGP, but have certainly grown to like the guy and see his potential. He may have not belonged when he first arrived but, he belongs now and has certainly earned his spot for sure.

Now to the racing aspect:

MotoGP- Rins just doesn't cease to amaze and squeezed a hell of a result on a crap bike, I am honestly thinking that HRC is probably wondering why they didn't go with him instead of Mir for the factory seat. I foresee Rins getting some more great results although hard fought this season with that pig of a bike. Mir and Nakagami are nowhere to be seen or found, I am honestly surprised that they didn't give one of the Moto2 asian riders a crack at Nakagami's seat, which I am sure this upcoming season, it may be happening.
    Rins is a very good rider and equal to if not a little faster than Mir. Mir is fast and consistent on his day but he just lacks a little bit lately. I think Rins will do well on his Honda. If he continues to do well maybe even earn some more podiums or a race win. I can see him replacing Marquez, should Marc decide to leave for another manufacture. If Marc stays, and Mir can't live up to his potential, then you might see a switch of the two, and Rins move up.

As for factory Ducati, incredible that Pecco lost that race over just going slightly left on the race line at T2, which cost other riders all weekend there as well across the classes. Yet another great result for the VR46 Mooney team after a sort of complicated start to the weekend but they managed to stay upright and make the push to keep the championship fight going.
    Pecco is having some issues with the bike. Not sure if it's him or the bike. Seems more bike related from his recent comments of how it's almost too perfect to ride. Then again, it could be his head is playing tricks on him again. He needs to get control of himself soon, or Ducati head brass will start looking at him more closely.

Although a complicated weekend for Yamaha but decent result for Fabio considering the situation, he of course wasn't shy of projecting his frustrations. Morbidelli is still sort of on the mental ropes honestly even after the great results in Argentina. We were sitting at the hero walk area waiting for autographs and such and you could tell he didn't give two fucks about being there and is just checked out, more so now with the rumors of either Jorge Martin or Toprak taking his seat and even some media members said the same thing, that he was very vague and brief during his interviews, that knee injury and jump to the factory seat really did him in unfortunately and doesn't seem like he will bounce back from it, who knows if he will end up without a seat altogether as things in WSBK don't seem to much better as Ducati is literally obliterating everyone right now there on both classes.
    Fabio is Fabio and will get the results. He needs some time, that M1 is all over the place in terms of what it can and can't do. One week it's a dream for him, the next he can't figure it out. It's kind of a mirror example of what the W14 is for Mercedes in F1 at the moment. If they get it in a sweet spot it does perform well(not enough or anywhere able to compete with Red Bull) but it does seem to show performance. Then the next race the wheels come off and it's no where. Yamaha have the same problem. Their bike I think has reached its limit and they need a revolution and not an evolution.

Morbidelli is gone and I think you're right he checked out. I, honestly think Frankie would do well in WSBK. He's big and seems WSBK does well with riders of all sizes. Who knows, he may end up with Ducati, or if Toprak comes to MotoGP, they may swap seats. I don't think Toprak will do anything in MotoGP on a M1 though. He's going to trade one Yamaha getting beat by a Ducati for another Yamaha getting it's teeth kicked in by a Ducati. Dude's in a lose/lose situation.

Aprilia showed some fight but losing Aleix early cost them dearly although MV managed a very decent result as well with Oliveira which I was happy as hell to see back and he managed a hell of a ride for the weekend, we will definitely see him win soon enough and I foresee him taking Aleix seat at this rate.

KTM started out great during the race, hell of a push from both Binder and Miller but apparently a front tire pressure blunder did them in and cost them both to loose the front end in very weird ways. Would have been cool as hell to see Miller podium without a doubt but well the fight continues at Jerez. Do have to note the great result by Augusto Fernandez for the GASGAS team, he pushed and delivered on a very complicated track.

Now onto Pramac, this team honestly has me flabbergasted. Martin literally crashed in front of us at T3 about 4 times during the whole weekend and during the race he took out A.M during the opening lap. Martin, while a great talent but man he just can't find consistency and wonders why he wasn't chosen for the factory seat. He is now being rumored to exit Pramac for Yamaha next year but honestly don't see how that could be a good move. Both him and Zarco show such great pace and potential but when it comes time to deliver, they just don't seem to deliver when it matters.
    Rest of the teams are doing the see-saw thing. One week or race they are good, the next they can't figure it out. I think we will see this from Aprilia and KTM for most of the season. Though, KTM seem to have it together a bit better. Miller seems to love the bike and Binder is fast and can win races, he just needs it to all come together.

WSBK -

Back at Assen after nearly 2 months off (that's insane, it's like another winter break ). Bautista back at his usual domination, no other manufacturers have any answers for Ducati at this time and it is all his to lose. Rae lost the bike during race two this afternoon since he has to be beyond the limit to try and just stay with Bautista and even Toprak only stayed there for a very short time and then Bautista was off and all on his own to establish his metronomic pace. The rider to note this weekend is Dominique Aegerter with his best race finish this season of 4th position and best independent rider as well in race 2, he finished 6th yesterday. Both him and Bassani had a bit of a 2015 Marquez vs Rossi moment (although not as dramatic) but race direction deemed that Aegerter had position coming into the last corner as Bassani left the door open and layed into Aegerter and ran wide to try and use it as an excuse to keep position. He was deemed to exceed track limits and he had to drop 1 position surrendering 4th to Aegerter. Incredible seeing Baz back at it after that gnarly ass injury at Mandalika, although he crashed during race 2 and thankfully walked away without further injuries, that dude is a trooper! Michael VanDemarc had an insane highside and had to be stretchered off, looks like his leg took another big beating as he was flopping in the air and came down hard, a very unfortunate row of injuries and hard high sides for him lately, I'm sure his wife is about to divorce his ass if that keeps going. Truly sucks seeing Gerloff in such a dark place mentally, that shine that dude has is all gone and to see him fighting for barely any points now is just sad to see. Unfortunately I foresee him making a come back to MotoAmerica next season as his contract is only for one year with Bonovo and you can see his drive in WSBK is just depleted. That incident at Assen last year did him in hard and then also the fact that he passed Toprak at one of the races and the Yamaha boss wasn't a bit happy about that and that's just about what put the nail in his WSBK career coffin. Such a shame cause that dude showed pure brilliance in his first season but well unfortunately only European riders get benefited, American riders don't get true support overseas and bullshit politics claim yet another victim.

The American riders might do more if we had the old AMA back. Not slamming MotoAmerica, but it's not the old AMA. The old AMA is brought us all the great American racers that then went on to the world stage and dominated in the 80's and 90's. We just aren't churning out the talent like we did back in the old days. Even just as recently as when Ben Spies left, pretty much it all took a step back when he left. He went on to lots of success but that was our last really good American rider.

Again, not picking on our current guys but they aren't a Spies, or Hayden, or Roberts(Sr. and Jr.) or Edwards, or a Lawson, Rainey, Schwantz types. Our guys now are awesome and great and fast but they don't have that "it" factor that makes those other guys elite. You can see it, when one of our guys goes over seas they get stomped, they are just not that good. We(USA) are just not producing World Championship material riders.

And I really don't know how to fix it honestly. One of the main reasons(I think) is that they eat, sleep and live moto racing(from very early ages). Their tracks are just different over there, they require a different skill set. They are raised different over there, their schooling is different over there. In Europe you either have Soccer or Auto/Moto Racing. We have a lot of factors that goes into it all. Sure there are some politics involved with nationalities but there's so much more I think as well.

Here in the United States, we can't seem to figure out which bathroom we want to use, or what next fruitcake we want to put on a beer can. Our priorities are just ass backwards compared to everyone else at the moment. Yeah, I know the rest of the world is wrestling with it too, but we seem to be balls deep in it(for lack of a better term).

We(USA) used to produced some of the greatest things, do some of the most amazing things, build, manufacture and create some of the greatest things. Now, all we seem to do is produce sh*t. We stopped trying to achieve or aspire to be the greatest, now we are happy being mediocre. Everyone gets a star and participation trophy. There's no drive, no win mentality. There's no, "I have to be the best" mindset anymore. And it shows, when there is nothing to strive for, no aspiration to attain the unattainable, then everything starts to suck.

MotoAmerica -

Road Atlanta round yesterday underway and Cameron Baubier made a hell of a "I'm back" statement with his new BMW team and taking the win from Jake Gagne, who although didn't lose by much but couldn't pull it back followed by Josh Herrin in 3rd and his first podium on the new V4R. I'm sure the outing in Moto2 made Cameron even a stronger rider and Gagne will have his work cut out for him, it's going to be a hell of a season. We will see what race 2 today holds and if Gagne or any of the other top riders can answer to Cameron's strong statemement.

Well that is all for my rambling news that maybe only 2 people read have a great rest of your weekend!
    Let's see how Race 2 of MotoAmerica turns out. I will say, I did enjoy the battle between Gagne and Beaubier. Was good to not see him just clear off and actually had someone to fight with.

Also, MotoAmerica isn't on FS1 or FS2 anymore. I just watched/streamed their races on their YouTube channel.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Let's see how Race 2 of MotoAmerica turns out. I will say, I did enjoy the battle between Gagne and Beaubier. Was good to not see him just clear off and actually had someone to fight with.

Also, MotoAmerica isn't on FS1 or FS2 anymore. I just watched/streamed their races on their YouTube channel.
    Didn't know they streamed the races on YouTube, may have to start checking that out (don't really YouTube much or if at all really to be honest with you ). Haven't paid for the MA pass honestly, it's rather steep for the little coverage you get. I did watch the highlights of race 2 and man, looked like a serious showdown and even Scholtz kept up with those guys really well all the way to the end, nice to see some good competition back in and seems like Herrin is getting good with that V4R already (even though he overcooked it at the last lap there and almost took some guys out) but given they were all so close, that the draft got the best of him, glad he was able to squeeze through, miss everyone and stayed upright to cross the finish line for some very important points.

Onto Jerez for this weekend, looks like Bastianini may be back this weekend, he was back on a street trim V4R this past week from the looks of it and seems like his shoulder is doing much better, be cool to see how he can bounce back. Jerez tends to have some great racing (mainly at that last corner), definitely hoping for a good showdown across all classes.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Didn't know they streamed the races on YouTube, may have to start checking that out (don't really YouTube much or if at all really to be honest with you ). Haven't paid for the MA pass honestly, it's rather steep for the little coverage you get. I did watch the highlights of race 2 and man, looked like a serious showdown and even Scholtz kept up with those guys really well all the way to the end, nice to see some good competition back in and seems like Herrin is getting good with that V4R already (even though he overcooked it at the last lap there and almost took some guys out) but given they were all so close, that the draft got the best of him, glad he was able to squeeze through, miss everyone and stayed upright to cross the finish line for some very important points.

Onto Jerez for this weekend, looks like Bastianini may be back this weekend, he was back on a street trim V4R this past week from the looks of it and seems like his shoulder is doing much better, be cool to see how he can bounce back. Jerez tends to have some great racing (mainly at that last corner), definitely hoping for a good showdown across all classes.
    Race 2 was great. It was close the whole race and everyone wanted the win. Had it not been for the coming together of Cameron and Josh, Gagne was 3rd in that line, but he was able to capitalize and take profit of their mistakes. Was a really good race and one of the better ones from MotoAmerica in a long time. If we get this kind of action all year long, there may be hope to bring MotoAmerica back to main cable TV channels. It's too bad they aren't on cable and if they are, I'm not seeing where. Watch it on YouTube though, I subscribe to their channel and get the races. They do have some commercials but what doesn't?

Jerez should be good, I'm looking at Bagnaia to make amends for his blown races and start looking serious. I think Bez will be fast, Marini is finding some speed, Martin will be there and let's hope Bastianini is back. I've been wanting to see what he can really do with the new bike. I'd like to see KTM and Aprilia iron out some issues as well. And even Rins might be there, you never know.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Kazhakhstan GP cancelled for this year due to issues:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/...ncelled/453335

Marquez to be replaced by Iker Lecuona for the Jerez round as well as he continues to heal from that thumb injury:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/...step-in/453320

Bastianini to undergo medical check to see if he's fit to participate this race weekend:

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2023/...n-jerez/453304
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Nice to see Enea back. I honestly don't dare venture who will be at the front, just hope for some good, clean racing from all classes.

As far as MM's little last minute media deal, I gathered/sensed a little bit of tactics being played here. He has been warned by doctors that one more major crash and that could be the end of his career, without any doubt. That Honda is a nightmare at the moment and HRC doesn't seem to have grips on any clear answers because they're too busy measuring dicks and pointing fingers instead of finding answers, which is putting not only his career at stake but also their relationship as you can tell, it has soured vastly over the last year. Before, MM would jump at any chance at coming back no mattering what just to make HRC and Puig happy (as we saw after the 2020 Jerez accident oddly enough this being the Jerez round and this arises) but now older, and guess in a sense "wiser" in internal political racing bs, he now sees that HRC doesn't give two fucks about their riders and it is all about striking their egos. I believe that he is using this injury as an excuse to play the waiting game and one last card at, not risking injuring himself by overriding that bike since he knows he has no chance at the title and perhaps have one last shot at greatness on another manufacturer now that his contract his HRC is close to culminating. While Ducati just signed his brother and I don't want to fully say that they played the HRC card and used AM to maybe reel MM, HOWEVER the thought is in the back of many people's minds that although it wasn't he initial intent but with that circus tent about to come down, AM may just somewhat persuade MM into perhaps pondering at a manufacturer jump like all the greats before him. Just my take on things, obviously Puig and HRC aren't happy with his decision BUT well to be expected from those corporate types given I'm sure there is also pressure from Dorna to bring the golden media boy back as they're taking a hit on that end as well and HRC is losing credibility even with the Rins victory believe it or not. It all revolves around MM for HRC.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Man what a statement by the Little Samurai today bringing it to everyone else and being a part timer , dude still got it and on a KTM of all things. Aprilia as usual showing their potential but who knows if they'll choke on a technical issue as it has become customary apparently come race weekends. If they can tighten their ship up a little, they'd actually be contending already.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Nice to see Enea back. I honestly don't dare venture who will be at the front, just hope for some good, clean racing from all classes.

As far as MM's little last minute media deal, I gathered/sensed a little bit of tactics being played here. He has been warned by doctors that one more major crash and that could be the end of his career, without any doubt. That Honda is a nightmare at the moment and HRC doesn't seem to have grips on any clear answers because they're too busy measuring dicks and pointing fingers instead of finding answers, which is putting not only his career at stake but also their relationship as you can tell, it has soured vastly over the last year. Before, MM would jump at any chance at coming back no mattering what just to make HRC and Puig happy (as we saw after the 2020 Jerez accident oddly enough this being the Jerez round and this arises) but now older, and guess in a sense "wiser" in internal political racing bs, he now sees that HRC doesn't give two fucks about their riders and it is all about striking their egos. I believe that he is using this injury as an excuse to play the waiting game and one last card at, not risking injuring himself by overriding that bike since he knows he has no chance at the title and perhaps have one last shot at greatness on another manufacturer now that his contract his HRC is close to culminating. While Ducati just signed his brother and I don't want to fully say that they played the HRC card and used AM to maybe reel MM, HOWEVER the thought is in the back of many people's minds that although it wasn't he initial intent but with that circus tent about to come down, AM may just somewhat persuade MM into perhaps pondering at a manufacturer jump like all the greats before him. Just my take on things, obviously Puig and HRC aren't happy with his decision BUT well to be expected from those corporate types given I'm sure there is also pressure from Dorna to bring the golden media boy back as they're taking a hit on that end as well and HRC is losing credibility even with the Rins victory believe it or not. It all revolves around MM for HRC.
    Enea decided last minute to sit this one out. Poor dude, finally gets a factory ride and can't ride it now(he's a bad luck Brian meme now).

Marquez is hiding something I think. I think the injury is either worse than he's letting on, or it's something else. Maybe he doesn't want to ride the Honda LOL!! I read something the other day on Honda, they stated that maybe now they have to start developing a bike without Marquez' input. That could be the beginning of the end with that relationship. Problem is, I think Marquez is doing his marketability damage with all the accidents and injuries. He's getting long in the tooth somewhat and I think manufactures might look at him as he's now accident prone. Considering how he likes to plow into other riders as much as he does.

You should see all the comments drop when it's announced that he will sit a race out. So many people say, at least the rest of the grid is safe for one more race. LOL, he's getting a bit of a reputation as using others as bowling pins.

Man what a statement by the Little Samurai today bringing it to everyone else and being a part timer , dude still got it and on a KTM of all things. Aprilia as usual showing their potential but who knows if they'll choke on a technical issue as it has become customary apparently come race weekends. If they can tighten their ship up a little, they'd actually be contending already.
    Dani is still fast and still one of the best. He was one of the first new aliens to arrive and start to push Rossi back in the day.

I think Aprilia is coming, just not sure when. Aleix E. is a bit more consistent than Vinales. That dude is still all over the place with his performances. Not really sure what happened to him after he left Suzuki. He had some glimpses of speed when he first hit Yamaha and then the bike when to sh*t! Wasn't his fault and wasn't Rossi's fault. Look at Yamaha now, man they suck bad. Not sure how to explain how they are going backwards, but they are heading in the wrong direction for sure.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Hell of a weekend for KTM without a doubt, all riders up there in the fight this weekend and just shut a lot of people up, glad to see them in the mix early after the pre-season worries and hope it stays that way now that Honda and Yamaha are fading, need someone to bring it to Ducati and make it a challenge unlike WSBK, Binder is up there in points now and closing in, if he can stay consistent, he may be the wild card in this towards the end in case something happens. I sure hope Miller wins at least one race this season, he hit the ground running on that KTM and is finding pace quickly, just needs to figure out on the tire management a little bit more and it may help him get the push he needs to be on the top step to become one of few riders to win with 3 different manufacturers. Glad to see Pecco is maturing a little bit and is starting to figure out to be patient and that winning a race by 1.5 seconds is better than washing out with a 15 second lead, that was timed to perfection and the bike/rider responded beautifully without a doubt, congrats to him on the win and regaining the championship lead. Definitely a bummer seeing Enea call it early but don't blame him, at least he tried and responded accordingly as his body said "nope", can't imagine under hard braking that the shoulder takes that in a kind manner . Freaking Aprilia man, when it doesn't rain, it pours. How does that chain let go just a few turns before the finish, that's just beyond me man, it's just one blunder after the other with these poor guys but hope they can get it together to be up there as we all hope they can be. Very unfortunate weekend for Oliveira, such a crappy incident but he will be out yet again for a while with a dislocated shoulder and he also has a fracture in there as stated earlier by the medical team after further checks, a speedy recovery to him. As for Yamaha, the punishment continues. Honestly those so called "penalties" were some cockamammie F1 steward type bullshit, they need to stop it with this type of shit before they ruin this sport, just like F1 with their politicking bs. Yamaha apparently had some positives in today's test with new parts but honestly don't think it'll solve their ongoing issues with tire pressure and grip as it has been the same shit for years now (circa 2017 ). As for Honda, looks like their front end woes continue as well, all riders lost the front super unexpectedly this weekend, even Lecuona during one of the qualifier sessions I think it was at the last turn, even he got up and he was like wtf just happened?, they tested the new Kalex chassis today during the test and all riders said it's an improvement so far but we'll see how that helps them down the line. Back to the officiating, I am just baffled at what happened this weekend honestly. The bullshit penalties on Yamaha and then making Pecco drop one position after that pass, in which yes close BUT there was a space there and he made it honestly, we have seen these type of passes in the past without issue and they just continue on. I fear that FIM has been hanging out with the F1 head honchos a little too much and the watered down era of motorcycle racing begins, which is bullshit honestly.

Couple of things to note about this weekend as well:

Rossi was announced as the official Yamaha Motor Company's ambassador, while it has nothing to do with his team per se and the contract only involves Rossi, I am sure that Jarvis and Yamaha are hoping to earn kudo points with Rossi to try and woo them into a 2025 satellite team option and not opt to keep going with Ducati, although at this time, it is very unlikely that they'll jump off Ducati past 2024 and doubt Yamaha will have anything to offer them otherwise as their heads are way too far up their asses to make some real progress and unless they unleash a V4, they'll keep fading and have zero interest from anyone else at the moment on a satellite team option. Dorna/FIM announced an official Women's world championship in 2024 which will be at most likely a supersport level (so around 600+cc) and they'll test the waters there and this will be the elite of the women's side of racing. Also the reception that Dani Pedrosa received from the Jerez fans at the stadium corner was absolutely amazing during the parade lap they do now during race weekends, literal goosebumps while watching that. The passion for the sport from the crowd could be felt, the noise and the energy was absolutely amazing. Great weekend of racing and onto LeMans in two weeks time. WSBK round at Catalunya this upcoming weekend, so we won't be bored , have a great week all!
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Bautista to hold press conference on Thursday

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/202...in%20Barcelona

Looks like his riding days have come to an end. At the rate things are going, he will finish as a back to back champion anyways so nothing else to prove. If it was anything else like him signing again, it would have been announced by now. We have seen these "special rider only" press conferences and they usually are to announce retirement for the most part. Wishing Bautista and his family the very best after this season! This will also open a ton of speculation to see how will take over the factory seats for 2024 and on given both seats will become open. My money is on Bassani and Petrucci taking those two seats honestly.
    Last edited by madvlad; Wed May 3rd, 2023 at 01:15 PM.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Nevermind, I stand corrected on my previous post. Bautista is staying put for the 2024 season, although it does still pose the question about who will be his teammate for next season. Rinaldi hasn't done anywhere near enough to keep that seat so I'm sure he will be shipped out, Bassani has done a great job and honestly deserves a shot but I have a feeling that Ducati will opt for Petrucci given his experience and given that Bautista also has GP experience and it's working out great for them, I believe that's the route they will go. Not sure why they needed a press conference to announce continuance, rarely see that anymore
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

Petrucci to fill in for Bastianini in LeMans. WSBK decided to lower Ducati's revs by 250 and up Kawasaki's by 250 although based on today's outing, isn't helping much because Ducati is still ahead . Not a bad 4th place finish in FP2 for Gerloff, he always seems to do well in Catalunya.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1

WSBK - Not a bad race 1 but usual demolition job by Bautista, the 250 rev drop didn't do squat. That scrap between Rinaldi and Bassani was crazy! Bassani was eventually given a long lap penalty for taking Rinaldi out, however here is where my problem is. Bassani ran over the line and onto the green halfway through the penalty area and FIM did not have him retake the lap. Now, go back last weekend to Jerez where Quartararo did somewhat of the same but on the exit of it and they had him retake it without even blinking about it, this is where FIM needs to get their heads out of their asses and be objective about the penalty calls, it's ridiculous IMO. Decent result for Gerloff on that pig, hopefully he can push for more tomorrow. Glad to see Aegerter already fighting toward the front in only his first year. Speedy recovery to Granado after that crash that brought out the red flag just a couple of laps in, he was taken to the medical center for check up since he was stretchered away but hope it's good news, they haven't given any updates on that yet.
    www.mo-door.com

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1