Thread: The Double Yellow Pass

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Re: The Double Yellow Pass

Quote Originally Posted by DavidofDenver View Post
    Fine have your open discussion without opinions you may not like. I guess that is what your original post was getting at but it seemed a little 1 sided so it wasn't all that open. My original statement stands.
    You shouldn't pass period. Your tire is mounted on BACKWARDS. You have no idea who you're pissin' off here do you?

Oh ---- and you lie like a rug buddy. Your statement:

I never pass and I can't believe you guys would do such a thing.
    Is bullshit. When I went to pass the boat two-up on Trail Ridge I heard that you decided to venture out there in passin land ----------- well after the allowable safe distance had been well used up by the other two bikes in front of you. Your discretion leaves a lot to be desired --- as clearly stated here in your posts.
    Last edited by Nick_Ninja; Mon Jul 7th, 2008 at 09:43 PM.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Right-Wing Nut-Job DavidofColorado's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    You shouldn't pass period. Your tire is mounted on BACKWARDS. You have no idea who you're pissin' off here do you?
    Was on backwards. And I was pissing on the guy who posted up in the other thread about how evil and dangerous everyone was and I let it go but I couldn't go on any longer and had to voice my opinion now since it wasn't going to die. And I am pretty sure that I am pissing off Kyle, you and chad when he reads this. But I'm sure a few others will follow... I knew some wouldn't like what I had to say though. But that is something I have gotten used to.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Was on backwards. And I was pissing on the guy who posted up in the other thread about how evil and dangerous everyone was and I let it go but I couldn't go on any longer and had to voice my opinion now since it wasn't going to die. And I am pretty sure that I am pissing off Kyle, you and chad when he reads this. But I'm sure a few others will follow... I knew some wouldn't like what I had to say though. But that is something I have gotten used to.
    Go back and read my edited response. And I stand by my statement as well
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Re: Douchebaggery of Denver

Quote Originally Posted by chad23 View Post
    I hope I'm not the Chad in this conversation.
    Noone heres need to bring my name up for any reason.
    Nope, not you. Thanks for dropping by anyway. Your story is very relevant and maybe you could share a little more. How have you revised your passing strategy since the ticket?
    Last edited by PharmerKyle; Wed Jul 9th, 2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: keeping my end of the deal
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now what?

Whatever you damn well feel like.
    Proud pilot of the one and only 1994 Kaw EX500 "Failstrom" adventure-mo-dealie!

IBA# 20672

I pass. I usually check with new people to see if they will as well. If not, I usually won't pass on a DY if I am in the minority.

I have a group I ride with all the time. Couple of us do, the slower guys sometimes will, but we end up waiting for them anyways.

Buddy and I puled out of a waterfall overlook and he promptly pass a white Durango. I noticed the plates were solid white and marked as "permanent" so waited. Sure enough the Smokey Mtns park ranger lit my buddy up. And only gave him a warning! The gods were smiling that day.

Re: First time for everything

Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
    First time user of this funtion on any forum, ever. Well earned, DBoD!

That's better!

Sorry for the interuptions and eruptions. Please continue. This thread is already more than I'd hoped for.
    Agitator.

They make good drugs for what he has...

Agitator.
    You should know. I learned from the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now what?

Whatever you damn well feel like.
    Proud pilot of the one and only 1994 Kaw EX500 "Failstrom" adventure-mo-dealie!

IBA# 20672

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

I was in my "happy place" for a bit, but shit, here goes...

Kyle and David...KNOCK IT OFF!!!

David, you do understand the point of this thread, right? So, please (purdy please) respect its intent.

Kyle, I love ya cuz of your nature and appreciate this thread for its intentions...let's keep it this way...please.

On to the thread and its purpose...

Like I said in my first post, I freaked when I was much more newbish and saw other riders passing on the DY. The first thing that came to mind was, "Shit! Why the hell am I riding with these guys? I must be insane!" I got used to the idea, though. Not the idea of breaking the law, but the idea of "safely" passing on a DY. It can be done. Once I did so, it was because of a more seasoned rider and because he was signalling that it was "safe" to pass...and only then.

Now, I pass on the DY when I'm in a group. Funny thing, though, and I thought about this last night, but I don't pass on the DY when I'm by myself. I can't explain why, yet, but it may come to me.

Anyhoo, get back to the intent of this thread...please.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I believe it to be much safer to pass slower cars and separate oneself from slow stacked-up traffic while on a bike. Cagers have a way of entering one's tailpipe So I pass whenever I can do it to separate myself from congestion no matter what is painted on the road.

Is bullshit. When I went to pass the boat two-up on Trail Ridge I heard that you decided to venture out there in passin land ----------- well after the allowable safe distance had been well used up by the other two bikes in front of you. Your discretion leaves a lot to be desired --- as clearly stated here in your posts.
    Never passed when it wasn't safe to do so. Anything you "HEAR" is up to you to believe if its true or embellished.

And I wasn't driving any less safe than you were.
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." Thomas Jefferson

Never passed when it wasn't safe to do so. Anything you "HEAR" is up to you to believe if its true or embellished.

And who I chose to ride with is my prerogative too. You're off the list.

I don't even know what to say there? Don't ride with me again see if care? But don't wait 3 weeks and after the ride to bring it up. Its old news now. Your off my Christmas card list so there.

BTW thanks for ruining a great memory of a ride that I thought went off without a hitch. I guess I wasn't prevy to the knitting circle gossip that was going on afterwards.
    Last edited by DavidofColorado; Mon Jul 7th, 2008 at 10:47 PM.

Can I be on your list?

Like I need your support

Quote Originally Posted by ihavealegohead View Post
    Can I be on your list?
    Which one? --- I have a few.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavealegohead
    Can I be on your list?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    Which one? --- I have a few.
    Legohead - I'm on a couple, I'm sure, these are the ones you DON'T want to be on
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Sight distance includes:
    • Traffic Conditions
    • Road Conditions
    • Cops
    + daylight conditions
    + parking lots
    + wildlife

Quote Originally Posted by *KEN* View Post
    Make sure the car you're passing isn't about to make a left-hand turn...
    Yeah, I saw a R1 ram the rear left corner of a minivan in this exact discription. Weird.
    It's subjective dear David. Leave it alone.
    It works! Slow in, Fast out
    "Sarcasm is difficult to convey on the internet, especially if the people reading it don't know you personally". By Spiderman
    Neither irony nor sarcasm is argument. By Rufus Choate
    Be smart, be nice, do what'cha love and always have fun.
    Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food. - Hippocrates
    I will use treatment to help the sick. I will never use it to injure them or wrong them. I will not give poison to anyone. - The Hippocratic Oath