Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
CO-50 and 9 are usually plowed, they provide a back way into Summit County ski areas in winter. Monarch gets a shit ton of snow each season, along the lines of Mt Baker.
Haven't been to Baker yet. Debating a season pass at Snoqualmie this year because the drive up to Stevens can be a hassle. I'm more likely to go after work with the shorter drive. I know the snow won't be as reliable, but it's still better than the Ice Coast. It only takes six full days to make a pass worthwhile, maybe ten half days, and I can do that no problem. Definitely planning to hit Baker and Crystal this year, but still haven't found a group that I'd care to go up to Whistler with.

As for crime... I lived and worked IN Philly for five years. None of this "Oh I live in a suburb an hour north of Philly" business. The only reason Philly crime rates are lower is because the statistics cover a whole lot of suburbs where the main crime is prescription drug abuse. A couple pissant gangbangers are nothing. I don't hang out places / times they frequent and both my girlfriend and I carry.