Page 140 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4090130137138139140141142143150190 ... LastLast
Results 3,337 to 3,360 of 4839

Thread: OLD New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Re: New Members - Introduce yourselves here

Hi, my name is "Hibs", I'm in the Army and moving to Buckley AFB in April. Hope to meet up with some of the bike locals once I get there. Here's a couple of the bikes I've owned, the green one on the bottom is my current. I like cages too, but this is a bike forum, so I won't bore you with them

Junior Member Yearly Supporter kjohnston1979's Avatar

not sure if other post stuck but im kevin not new just ben away for a long time due to death in family but im back my old email expired forgot all signons i was under 89 ninja guy or dude see i forgot lol glad to be bak got a diferent bike cant wait to ride with someof you! if any one can tell me how to get my old status back id love the info thanks

Hibs, welcome to the site and early welcome to Colorado! You realize that once you get here you won't want to leave however I do realize you can't do much about orders if that happens

Colorado is sportbike heaven with no shortage of twisty roads, because of that there is not really much of a stretched/slammed scene here, I see a few (very few) at bike nights but that is about it. I bring that up because if you still have the parts to bring your bike back to stock length/height it will be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Hibs, welcome to the site and early welcome to Colorado! You realize that once you get here you won't want to leave however I do realize you can't do much about orders if that happens

Colorado is sportbike heaven with no shortage of twisty roads, because of that there is not really much of a stretched/slammed scene here, I see a few (very few) at bike nights but that is about it. I bring that up because if you still have the parts to bring your bike back to stock length/height it will be worth it
    what, no love for quarter mile/land speed racing?

lol, it's ok, i'm actually going back to stock wheel base as i like the challenge of running SWB vs stretched down the 1/4. i am keeping the bike lowered though as i just like the feel of it being dropped a bit and I don't go trying to drag knee on the street so even lowered it still fulfills my kicks through the twisties.

oh, and i'm seeing how my cards play out. my wife and i are both nebraska natives so are loving to come back to the midwest (been on the east coast for years, hate it). never lived in colorado but heard nothing but great things about it. i ETS in a couple years, so might look at going the contractor/govvie route or maybe local guard/reserve unit and do the whole college thing. we'll see...

Don't worry, I was not knocking the style of ride, I just know you will be in the minority here. I am not into street racing so i have no idea what that is like, when I have gone to the strip bikes have been very few. One weekend idea would be when the MRA goes down to Pueblo, head down Friday to race the Friday Night drags and then stick around to watch the roadraces on Saturday and Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    Don't worry, I was not knocking the style of ride, I just know you will be in the minority here. I am not into street racing so i have no idea what that is like, when I have gone to the strip bikes have been very few. One weekend idea would be when the MRA goes down to Pueblo, head down Friday to race the Friday Night drags and then stick around to watch the roadraces on Saturday and Sunday
    Ya I would rather drag race/land speed race/street cruise then tear up the twisties. I used to ride the twisties hard back in the day but just not worth the risk doing it on the street anymore IMO. I would love to build a road race bike some day when the money allows. For now, the 12 does great for what I like. I am seriously thinking about making the 12r strictly a street bike though and getting a zx14 to make a dedicated drag race/land speed race bike.

Welcome!
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Board Newbie

hey troops...I joined 2 summers ago but have been crazey with work..
    so , Mick here.ton-up boy .
    my stable consists of
    2x2000 TT 600 Triumphs..4 cyl.
    1 1996 triumph Daytona Super III ,Cosworth modified motor
    1 1996 Daytona 1200cc 4cyl.
    1 1997 Daytona T-595

and 2 weeks ago I obtained a 2001 Aprilia RSVR.

sorry , i tried to post pix but unable to .

the aprilia has a very
    "crazed" plastic head light cover...not scratched...any tricks to fix that kind of thing?
    I've never seen it before...not hazed or yellow or scratched.

keep me in mind for ride outs comming this spring. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ton-up-boy View Post
    hey troops...I joined 2 summers ago but have been crazey with work..
    so , Mick here.ton-up boy .
    my stable consists of
    2x2000 TT 600 Triumphs..4 cyl.
    1 1996 triumph Daytona Super III ,Cosworth modified motor
    1 1996 Daytona 1200cc 4cyl.
    1 1997 Daytona T-595

and 2 weeks ago I obtained a 2001 Aprilia RSVR.

sorry , i tried to post pix but unable to .

the aprilia has a very
    "crazed" plastic head light cover...not scratched...any tricks to fix that kind of thing?
    I've never seen it before...not hazed or yellow or scratched.

keep me in mind for ride outs comming this spring. Cheers
    Welcome! I'll be glad to have another triumph tagging along with us

as far as the headlight, I used polishing compound and a drill mounted loose cotton buffing wheel on a cars headlights, but I'm not sure it will work for you.

Guess I'm not technically a "new" member, since my account has been here since (edit) 2003 or something. But I've just been, uh... out... on a REALLY LONG RIDE! Yeah. It was uh... it was... around the world SEVEN TIMES. Right, that's it. You wouldn't believe the mileage on my bike, man! :WTF: Anyway, I'm Ben, nice to meet you. (G)
    Last edited by ModernRonin; Mon Jan 10th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs View Post
    Ya I would rather drag race/land speed race/street cruise then tear up the twisties. I used to ride the twisties hard back in the day but just not worth the risk doing it on the street anymore IMO. I would love to build a road race bike some day when the money allows. For now, the 12 does great for what I like. I am seriously thinking about making the 12r strictly a street bike though and getting a zx14 to make a dedicated drag race/land speed race bike.
    Yes, yes, yes.
    "6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

hey hibs are you guard or active? what unit are you going to on buckley afb? im in the guard, but i work full time instead of once a month, and we got quite a few riders here, we are planning some army rides, there are already a few that the old guys do, like sturgis, etc, they are a group of mostly cruisers but us sportbike guys come along and give them a hard time about leather tassles and all that chrome..hahaha
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by ModernRonin View Post
    Guess I'm not technically a "new" member, since my account has been here since (edit) 2003 or something. But I've just been, uh... out... on a REALLY LONG RIDE! Yeah. It was uh... it was... around the world SEVEN TIMES. Right, that's it. You wouldn't believe the mileage on my bike, man! :WTF: Anyway, I'm Ben, nice to meet you. (G)
    That's the oldest member with the lowest post count I've ever seen!

Welcome everybody!

Hey all!!! i hope u guys are ready for some of the biggest bike night every week that i have ever seen... our ohio location bring out 2000 bikes every week and we are striding to be the biggest bike night out of our 42 locations!!! were thinkin they will start april and will be every thursday for street bikes!!! if u want to see other bike night pics and videos at our other locations check it out at http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/ any questions feel free to ask!!!

Holy cow! They've made it out west.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by QUAKERSTEAK&LUBE View Post
    Hey all!!! i hope u guys are ready for some of the biggest bike night every week that i have ever seen... our ohio location bring out 2000 bikes every week and we are striding to be the biggest bike night out of our 42 locations!!! were thinkin they will start april and will be every thursday for street bikes!!! if u want to see other bike night pics and videos at our other locations check it out at http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/ any questions feel free to ask!!!
    yea i heard you guys do it big, i cant wait to go, its close to the house, wangs, beer and motorcycles love it!!!!
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJvAz3f8QGQ jus a taste of our bike nights.... feel free to youtube quaker steak and lube bike nights!!!

oh where out west!!! and we can't wait to see you guys come show off ur bikes this summer!!! feel free to sign up for our e-mail list at our website so we can keep you posted on the events and specials!!! if you have any questions i will be checkin this site daily!!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Saw you guys do weekly bike nights....this could be good....and you're up north!

Can't wait for spring.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by Tylar View Post
    Saw you guys do weekly bike nights....this could be good....and you're up north!

Can't wait for spring.
    Aw man! That's soooo faaarrrr away!
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    You do remember how to get north of I-70, right? I suppose you may remember using the Central City Speedway, but the more direct route....
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Did someone say steak?
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    It's a whopping 2.3 miles from my house... I'll try and make it out for a bike night once or twice this summer.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Looks like I can get there via GG and Coal Creek.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots