Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Daredevils Pop Wheelies On Highway -- Blockade

Motorcycle Daredevils Pop Wheelies On Highway -- Blockade

Anyone seen this?

Alarmed motorists watch as a group of riders on motorcycles block lanes on an interstate highway in Washington, speeding and popping wheelies.

http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/?id=264691

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/16632433/detail.html

Like I need your support

Re: Motorcycle Daredevils Pop Wheelies On Highway -- Blockade

Fucking douchebags
    Jon

Thats not going to win us any favors in the eyes of the public or the police.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

That kind of thing is just retarded. secluded area where no innocents are going to get hurt is one thing, but on the interstate? Come on.

You Deserve What You Accept
    Whatever, I didn't vote for him.

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

Oh sorry but I just have to laugh at that. At least they haven't completely shut down a highway. Back in St. Louis the Streetfighterz would have their annual "Ride of the Century". Yeah annual kinda funny but there would be hundreds of bikes on that ride. Stunters from all over the country would show up for the ride. They would completely just block highways so they could do all their circle wheelies and burnouts and such. I went once, do I need to say more. I always couldn't help to think that someday a semi was going to take out half their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisRR View Post
    I always couldn't help to PRAY that someday a semi was going to take out half their asses.
    (not that I would ever wish harm on anyone...)
    Last edited by Player 2; Wed Jul 30th, 2008 at 02:23 PM.

here's how to get the god damn job DONE!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=fFwEKbNKnso&feature=related

I think I'd fucking kill someone if I got stuck on I25 due to some fucking bullshit like that

Definitely great PR for the motorcycle world
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW_53Akubhk&NR=1
    Last edited by Player 2; Tue Jul 15th, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
    Jon

*Sigh*

Very cool, just the wrong time and place to be doing it.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

I will say the only time the Streetfighterz ride the street is for the Ride of the Century. The messed up thing in STL is even guys that have ridden in AMA can't get any kind of sponsorship from dealers but the Streetfighterz get new bikes yearly. Good for them but sucks for racers.

^^^^^I agree with Aracheon
    R.I.P. Lahela 10/12/1986-08/01/2008

Want to become a super hero? http://www.donoralliance.org/info-page-1

"I don't fail I just succeed at finding ways that don't work."
    Chris Titus

CSC Spelling Bee Champ 2008 and 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Joew4505 View Post
    Thats not going to win us any favors in the eyes of the public or the police.
    why is everyone so concerned with the public view of our image?> i mean hell theres always going to be tools riding. always..... just like bad cops, theres always one.

So should we NOT be concerned with our public image? I guess it's ok in your eyes to be looked upon by joe public as an annoyance, nuisance, etc? Whatever...

I guess if you don't care what the public thinks you should run off and join MHM or whatever the "cool" stunna club is these days

I personally would rather be respected by the general public. Someone that belongs to a club that tries to give back to the community they reside in and educate new riders and the general public as well...

NOT some fucking retard endangering other people for his own personal gratification

I hope you're playing devils advocate here... otherwise you can eat a dick up
    Jon

Didn't we go through this last year with the Ruff Riders?

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    why is everyone so concerned with the public view of our image?> i mean hell theres always going to be tools riding. always..... just like bad cops, theres always one.
    Because you get a negative image from the LEO and lawmakers and pretty soon they start profiling us or passing laws to restrict what we can ride or where we can ride. Just like the loud pipes issue, it gives them excuses to chip away at our freedoms. I'd just as soon not start down that slippery slope.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Goddamn KIDS
    http://www.rapidfirebunker.com
    $15 FFL TRANSFERS. $15 Private Transfers
    Emergency Preparedness Store, Survival BULK Food, knives, Guns, Ammo, FREEDOM

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    I think another problem is that when people get road rage & it's much easier to take it out on a bike than it is a car or truck, etc. I mean, thought I wasn't here for it, last year's Alice debacle seems to be the direct result of something like this. Drivers out there do enough damage to motorcycles without even knowing we're there. Imagine if they really hated us.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I'm with player2 and aracheon.
    be nice till it's time to no longer be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Player 2 View Post
    So should we NOT be concerned with our public image? I guess it's ok in your eyes to be looked upon by joe public as an annoyance, nuisance, etc? Whatever...

I guess if you don't care what the public thinks you should run off and join MHM or whatever the "cool" stunna club is these days

I personally would rather be respected by the general public. Someone that belongs to a club that tries to give back to the community they reside in and educate new riders and the general public as well...

NOT some fucking retard endangering other people for his own personal gratification

so tell me what's the difference between stunting on the streets and speeding in the canyons???

both illegal and both cause endangerment.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

AKA "Devaclis"

I don't like motorbike riders. Hooligans!!

Now get off my lawn!!!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    so tell me what's the difference between stunting on the streets and speeding in the canyons???

The safety margin narrows significantly in both respects, and in all likelihood it's by a pretty close number. The rider takes a calculated risk in either, but I think (and this is just my opinion) that you tend to look like more of a squid doing stupid shit in traffic than if you're in full leathers running at a spirited pace through the canyons.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    There's nothing that will ever replace the warm feeling of a perfectly blipped 6th-to-4th downshift, that drops right lane traffic like 1st first semester chem-lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Player 2 View Post

first of all, i DONT condone these fools doing what they did. thats about as dumb as it gets. blocking traffic...
    "our public image"? what are you running for congress? thats funny. you ride a motorcycle. simple. imagine how many people youve pissed off doing stuff you dont think woud piss them off. a simple lane change and they dont see your blinker bc its a bike bliinkerand small.. there is absolutely nothing any of you can do to stop fools from blocking the road like that, ad causing people to not like motorcycles, or motorcylists.. i dont know why you'd want to block the road like that in the first place...... theres always going to be one fool who buys a bike and goes out and either damn near kills themself or someone else.
    if i came across a road blocked to do shinanigans like that, well its called a bumper for a reason.
    i like people walking up and talking to me about my bike, but im smart enough to know i cant change how people perceive me on my bike, bc there are too many fools out there on bikes, that cant ride them appropriately. i speak to who i see and they know some bikes dont do anything other than ride and enjoy the ride, safely. i know you can agree with me on that. there is always one, or in this case a group.
    thats why i asked. regardless ride safe and enjoy the ride. and with summer coming watch all the "new" supposed "riders" help the public perception of motorcycles. and you NOT be able to anything about it. unless you "educate" everyone that gets a new bike.. you must be a busy person, educating everyone....

Thumbs up Re: Motorcycle Daredevils Pop Wheelies On Highway -- Blockade

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post

matty well pointed out. now again stopping in the middle of the streets not cool beans, imo.
    aracheon, not if you slide into a family car in the mtns and kill their son/daughter, in your leathers. what it keeps coming to is an opinion and thats somthing you cant change.
    Last edited by Brat; Wed Jul 16th, 2008 at 09:52 AM.