Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now What?

Re: Now What?

Well, I bought your Ducati and decided the riding position was too hard on my wrists, so now I have a comfy Gixxer. damit I'm going down that slippery slope to BMW / Goldwing old man status. Must fight it... (yeah and I'm on the far side of my forties)
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

My next ride. it will be in addition to the ZZR.

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

The older I get the faster the bikes get, I'm worried that may be my undoing.
    In the end, it's not the years that get you.... it's the mileage.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

The best part? The older I get the more disposable income I can spare on building that bike collection. Still on my list at some point: A sport tourer, a dual sport, a 'tard, a track bike, and maybe even a cruiser/standard. .. oh and a garage or barn for em all at some point.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

K-L Whaaa?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    My next ride. it will be in addition to the ZZR.

I like KLR classic. The new KLR is weird and scary to me.

When's the puchase giong to be? I might get take the GS out for a ride with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    The older I get the faster the bikes get, I'm worried that may be my undoing.
    In the end, it's not the years that get you.... it's the mileage.
    I have a colleague that rides an ST4s and is nearing retirement. He's skilled enough to have fun with it, but wise enough to know that the bike is better than he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    The best part? The older I get the more disposable income I can spare on building that bike collection. Still on my list at some point: A sport tourer, a dual sport, a 'tard, a track bike, and maybe even a cruiser/standard. .. oh and a garage or barn for em all at some point.
    I'm probably going to take a different fork in that road. I'll want to live vicariously through my kids and devote that share of income for 50-125cc rides for them. This year's projects include fitting the DR-z and failstrom for little passengers. By the time my nest empties, we'll all be riding hydrogen fuel cell thingies or hoverbikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnairlover View Post
    Now what?

Whatever you damn well feel like.
    Proud pilot of the one and only 1994 Kaw EX500 "Failstrom" adventure-mo-dealie!

IBA# 20672