We live in the Lakewood area and earlier today, I had just stepped out of the shower and my wife comes rushing in to tell me there was some guy outside of our apartment taking pictures of my motorcycle and of the two other motorcycles parked next to it. She gave me a description of what he looked like and said he walked off. I got my gear on, hopped on my bike and set out to find this guy to ask what was the purpose of the photos.
I rode around for about 10 minutes and found him on the other side of the complex. I approached him pretty quick and asked why he was taking pictures of my motorcycle. He responded that he was writing a report on motorcycles that turned into transformers. I explained to him that there has been a lot of thefts in the area and I would appreciate it if he would ask me first. He said he would but it raised some additional questions:

If you were doing a report on motorcycles, why not get some pictures of the internet? after all he did have a digital camera.
Why would you walk around an apartment complex taking photos of motorcycles just before noon on a Thursday?

This guy was white, in his 30's about 6' with a slim build, and had dark colored hair, and wore a brown hat

What are your thoughts?