What Dirk said about being in too high of a gear entering the turn... For me, if I don't drop a few gears, I feel like I can't turn. It's neat how different people apply the power and brakes differently on bikes.

I brake all the way to the apex, even on the street. It's not a "pushing-it" thing. It's just how I've always done it. It's what felt natural, therefore, it's how I've always done it. Buuuut, if I'm not geared down, it doesn't seem to work the same and I can't turn worth a shit!!

I brake with one finger and always have a finger on the brake and clutch on the street. Never on the track, though.

Another phenomenon that puzzles me is blowing a turn when you miss a gear. When the load on the suspension changes, you miss the turn. You would think that you could easily finish the turn, but it never seams to work that way. I practice this with my dirt bike. Put it in neutral and ride all the way down from Webster or Red Cone and ride it like a mountain bike. Gets you used to 'no-power' turning. Of course my brakes are usually totally gone by the time I get to the bottom from overheating. I never use the rear brake on the dirt. Even on dirt, all your stopping power is still on the front. ...and yes, I still trail brake on the dirt...

Damn!!! I can't wait for summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!