Quote Originally Posted by PharmerKyle View Post
Good point. There are DS bikes out now that could outrun some of the sportbikes of the 80s.

Comfort and ergonomics seem to be more of a question of riding style than age. The difference is essentially that of which you want to conquer, a single corner at sickest speed, or largest geographical area.

So what is "sporty"? Is it strictly a look or a body position that equates to racing? Does riding upright vs. prone position automatically translate to non-sporty?
I can agree with your second statement, I am definitly more or the largest geographical area type even though I may do it in excess of the posted limit and without sparing much of my tires Sport bikes of the 90s and very early 00s just fit my style and comfort requirements quite well. The highest average miles per day trip I have done was 2600 miles in 6 days, it would have been 3000 if snow in the Canadian Rockies hadn't interfered and I was ready to do more if I didn't have to get back to work. This was on a 2000 ZX-9

To me sporty is more of how you ride and enjoy your bike. Having a sportbike to cruise LoDo on friday night is NOT sporty, while running a good pace in a canyon on a naked and smiling IS sporty